Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » I'm still here...

Author Topic: I'm still here...
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm working on something some of you may like. Take a gander...

-
Another view

Hopefully, I'll have this done by next month. [Smile]

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Amazing!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy ASS!!

Erick, are you gonna do the lower pod as well?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ed BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

How did you make that pod??

IP: Logged
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No plans for the lower pod. I had a hard enough time finding out what went on top. And even then I didn't know exactly what it was. I just whipped something together that looked like the pictures we have. If I knew what the bottom pod was made from, I might make something. But I have no clue, and scratch building curvy pieces isn't my forte. Besides, I like it without the bottom piece. [Smile] I already put the base coat of paint on, so I don't think I'll be making any changes now.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet Mother! Very...very nice.

2 Questions:

1) Remind me what class this is again.
2) What part did you use for the dorsal pod? I see to little flibits on the end that make sit look like whatever it was hinged to something.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shwing! Very good.

It's the Springfield class, you silly person. And the lower pod looks like a Galaxy secondary hull, with some ugly custom built supports.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes... Springfield. The Chekov was Springfield, right?

Yah...the underslung pod never did anything for me. I'd leave it off.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought the lower pod was made out of a bar of Lever 2000 soap. [Wink]

BTW, Erick, I'm in the (slow) process of building my Cheyenne, and since now you've shown us your Springfield, I have a question: Where did you get your bridge module & nacelles??? Did you order them through some company, or did you make them yourself? And if you did, could you tell me either how to make them, or could you sell me any that you already have? Thanks.

Fructose
Member # 309

The upper pod is a custom box made from sheet styrene and filled with resin to give it some strength. There are a few added details on it, and the things in front are just there to match the pictures. I think they used some sort of canopy piece orginally, so I made them look like they would have been hinges. I made the nacelles from a cast my master nacelle, and the bridge is a resin copy of the big Ent-D bridge. If you want to know how to make molds and casts, I can give you more info, just e-mail me. I can give you some good places to start looking.

--------------------

www.ericksmodels.com

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Very cool. Excellent work on the custom pieces. Any chance you could post a couple more piccies? Maybe give us a look at her underside?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The docking bay, NEVER forget the docking bay. I suggest making the doors out of supple polymers...nngh!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you gonna be alright, man?
Fructose
Member # 309

Cause you asked nicely.
The bottom, minus the pod.

And again.
And the top with no pod.
The pod.

There's a shuttle bay at the back of the secondary hull, just like on the nebulas. That's kinda what I based the whole back area on.

--------------------

www.ericksmodels.com

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veddy nice, sah!

No puttying up the ventral separation plane track on the saucer? Interesting. Also, as neet as those midline lifeboat hatches are, wouldn't they interfere with, say, I dunno...dumping a runaway reactor?

Man, I can't putty fo' SHIT! I gots seams all OVAH tha place! But man...what we could do together. Too bad you're into 1/1400 like everyone else. I'd love to make resin "box kits" of little wings of my 1/2500s. Ah, well.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps