Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Some really old Knight Rider stuff

Author Topic: Some really old Knight Rider stuff
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You heard me: Knight Rider stuff. It's designy, it's creative, and if we really stretch the term to the breaking point and drink a lot of alcohol, then we can consider it science-fictiony.

While going through some really old floppies I had, I found some designs I had drawn up in Paintbrush. According to the file properties, they are from early in my 6th grade year (December 1990). Keep that in mind as you view them.

Design 1 is my redesign of Kitt's interior control surfaces. I did some blending of Kitt's Season 1 & 2 dashboard with Kitt's Season 3 & 4 dashboard with a dash here and there of the Knight 4000's dashboard from Knight Rider 2000. The overheard control panel is faithful to the early Season 1 version while the center console is largely from my imagination. Please note that it is already painfully obvious to me that the dashboard is too tall and the center console too wide for an '82 model Trans Am. Also note that I have no idea what all the buttons or gauges are for. I can't find any notes that I may have taken.

Design 2 is my redesign of Kitt's CPU which was briefly seen in a few scattered episodes. I have no recollection as to what the buttons, switches, knobs, or circuit boards were for. I can't even remember why I made the circuit boards colored anything other than brown or green.

Design 3 is pretty much fan art of the FLAG Mobile Unit. It is noticeably missing the Knight chesspiece logo, which I found too difficult to draw in Paintbrush.

If I remember correctly, I also did some drawings of Kitt in his various configurations (normal mode, Super Pursuit Mode, etc.), but I didn't find them. Nor did I find any of the stories that I wrote in the Knight Rider universe. That's a probably a good thing since they were pretty bad.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you really need is a design for Car, Kitt's nemesis. Or Goliath, the semi with missles on top.

Or even the Bigfoot knockoff.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Juggernaut, the only opponent ever to mangle, maim and crush Kitt (yeah, I know it cheated).

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... yah, what was Juggernaut? I remember that it pretty much ripped Kitt to shreads, then they rebuilt him and gave him super-gozonga speed and those funny air brakes. That's also the time they got all seat-belt conscious on us.

Now...let's talk about the women of Knight Rider. Remeber Bonnie? Oh. Bonnie. That was a woman. Geeky. Beautiful. And never once did she sleep with Micheal. You've gotta admire that.

And what about the chick from KR2K (I have that on tape)? I've never seen her in anything since that, but holy cow was she attractive.

I'm going to go listen to the Knight Rider 2000 theme song I got from Morpheus now.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean Megan Butler? Seems she hasn't been very busy...

Juggernaut was something the A-Team might've come up with in their prime.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! Too many pop-up windows and ads!

Anyway, looking back it really looks cheesey. Of course, back then, I thought it was really great. But I was what...around 6 or so watching it in reruns.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the show in its first run. I was a wee boy, but my parents let me break bedtime so that I could watch the show. I started watching it again when one of the local independents picked it up. A few months or so later, the TV movie came out.

Yeah, Knight Rider is really cheesy, and some parts of it are hard to watch because of it. Plus, the series has some good continuity errors that make even the most die-hard of the fans cringe. But, I'll admit that I mainly watched it for Kitt rather than the acting and writing. I so want Kitt, especially as I'm sitting in traffic and get the desire to blast a few idiots in front of me with rockets or lasers.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG it looks silly. And it also looks like the Argo jeep from Nemesis [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the wrong chick. You want Susan Norman, who ALSO has done so much more.

Bonnie never did anything for me. But APRIL!...YEEEEEUUH.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, I was talking about Susan Norman. ErWAAAARRRLLLL!!!

LOL!! I had forgotten about the evil twins of Micheal and Devon. That was rich.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Considering how revolutionary Kitt's molecular bondage shell was supposed to be, he certainly got the crap knocked out of him with the frequency of Voyager.

Let's see, first he was rammed by Goliath in the Season 1 finale. He got blowed up by missiles in the Season 3 premiere. In the middle of Season 3, he got dropped in a pit of acid that corroded everything except his frame, CPU, and parking brake lever. In the Season 3 finale, he get pummelled by the Juggernaut.

And, considering that Kitt was supposed to be super smart, he was not very security conscious. In Season 1, a brainwashed Bonnie corrupts his programming so that he joins the evil Mensa club. In Season 2, Wesley Crusher hacks into his system and steals his body. In Season 3, a little bit of electricity fries his memory. In Season 4, one of his original programmers slips a mind-control circuit board into his CPU and turns Kitt evil.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
K.I.T.T. was Mr. Pheeny. I always thought it was wierd that Mr. Pheeny increased his level of teaching every year as his students did. I'd hate if my Grade 6 teacher had followed me through to University. I think he was a paedophile.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps