Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Some new Niagara stuff

Author Topic: Some new Niagara stuff
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Due to this new model photo that's appeared I've re-addressed some problems with my original mesh.

-

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, smashing, super.

Try doing a render of the port quarter, I think that angle works best with this ship...at least it looked the bussiness in that old fleet animation you did a while back.

Ever considered going back to your W359 meshes and recreating the battle damage? [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have in fact. I tried ripping up the Niagara saucer some time ago to mirror the precise damage shown in the Greg Jein photo. But it didn't come out too good. Cutting a wedge out isn't the problem, it's all the inner details of decks and bulkheads which is the tough part.

This kind of thing's really difficult in 3D, using textures would be the best way... Maybe I'll try again one day. Fancy drawing up some battle damage textures Reverend....?

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tasty. If you do more renders at some different angles, be sure to link to 'em [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you perhaps to some schematic views of your W359 ships? Would be nice to compare them with others.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still hate the Niagara and the Freedom classes even if they are in beauty shots.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This kind of thing's really difficult in 3D, using textures would be the best way... Maybe I'll try again one day. Fancy drawing up some battle damage textures Reverend....?
Perhaps you should have a goosey at this bloke's work first and maybe pick up a few pointers.

As always I'd be happy to help out with some 2-D texturing, just let me know when.

quote:
I still hate the Niagara and the Freedom classes even if they are in beauty shots.
Well, you can't please everyone [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy CRAP! That guy rocks. I am envious of all 3-D artists...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Ah yes, good old Vektor. He's an excellent modeller, there's no doubting that. Great work again from him...

--------------------

The ASDB

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps