Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Utopia Planitia (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Utopia Planitia
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's a matter of perspective, from my point of view the 2D plans (of the Apollo) are still in their initial stage so there may be alot of details that I'll add later. Until that is all done the 3D model will never be "finished".
Well come on then, my good Reverend. Let's have some new 2D material so I can wrap this baby up...

[QUOTE]Just barely (see the Nebula under construction), maybe you should have put a few spotlights on it or moved it closer to the camera.[QUOTE].

I have a new page outlining a few of the space structures I've built - most of which are as yet incomplete. There's a closer view of that space frame assembley unit here:

http://www.trekmania.net/art/yard_01.jpg

http://www.trekmania.net/art/yard_02.jpg

They're a bit dark, but hey, space is a dark place.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well come on then, my good Reverend. Let's have some new 2D material so I can wrap this baby up...
Ok, how's this for a start?

quote:
They're a bit dark, but hey, space is a dark place.
Could you at least try some artistic licence? what good is a pretty picture if you can't see anything?
Besides, an un-illuminated hull like that is a navigational hazard. You don't want those poor workerbee's smashing into unseen support beams now do you?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely, lovely. Very nice work on the new schematic. My throw-away comment obviously had you busy on Sunday night. Sorry about that, LOL. But very nice. What's that yellow patch on the saucer.

It seems every time I do a well lit, ambient render people say "it's too light man. Sort out the lighting, space isn''t like that". And when I tone it down and make it more realistic, they say "it's too dark man, I can't see it, where's the light?"

[Mad]

Darn. I can't win. I'll do some lighter ones tomorrow. If I can...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps