Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Hilt Design

Author Topic: New Hilt Design
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/226/hilt.jpg

Something I put together this weekend for a friend of mine. The color scheme is somewhat different than the others I have done. I didn't want to do metallic silver again.

This model was made from the body and cap of a Colgate Toothpaste Pump, an medicine bottle of some kind (all I know is that it was green), the brass knob from my ceiling fan that broke, a few plastic and metal greebles, a rubber o-ring, and a metal plumbing retainer. The whole thing is filled with cement and has a nice heft to it.

It's for a woman... so she doesn't have to worry about it banging into...anything tender.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See status line. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a phallic joke in there somewhere. Gimme an hour or two to work it out [Big Grin]

Kickass handywork, too.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rounded emitter does give it a slightly penis-esque quality... but it was just too cool not to use.

As far as lightsabers as phallic symbols... they're all long tubes that shoot out at the tip... I don't think I'm really breaking any new ground here [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hose retainer is a bit too obvious, iMOP, makes it look like something from a bicycle repair shop. [Smile]
Maybe if the ring was black and the screw remained silver...
I see the purpose it serves, though I would laugh my arsian butt off if I saw a Jedi, during battle, who whipped out a screwdriver to manipulate blade intensity.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat, though the ring should be black or something so it doesn't stand out so much.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps