Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution Class Bridge (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Constitution Class Bridge (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to some scans of reprints of Paramount's original blueprints for the First Contact and TMP bridge sets, I am now been able to acurately rebuild nearly all of the other sets I've done (so many of the parts are reused, you know). Here is the first in what promises to be a long series of technically accurate bridge sets:

http://www.webolutionary.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_tff-6.jpg

http://www.webolutionary.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_tff-7s.jpg

It is still a WIP (sort of), as I plan to rebuild the chairs and there are still some missing details (does anyone know where the hell the dedication plaque is supposed to be?), but it's definately in the final stretch.

[ August 07, 2002, 16:58: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] wow. that's incredible.
IP: Logged
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear to Ghu.

If it wasn't for the floor seams (they seem a tad over-defined) - I'd have thought this was a studio beauty shot.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'm not 100% sure, but at least on the STVI Excelsior, the plaque is on the right of the viewscreen.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the ST5 bridge, the ST6 bridge! Otherwise incredibly beautiful. One of the few things good about ST5.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Not the ST5 bridge, the ST6 bridge!

HUH??? Trust me, I know my bridges (better than Scotty knew his ship in ST5, I'll wager). That _IS_ the ST5 bridge. Have a look at my ref material:

Enterprise, Star Trek V:
http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/enterprise_st5_bridge/

Enterprise, Star Trek VI:
http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/enterprise_st6_bridge/

Excelsior, Star Trek VI:
http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/excelsior_st6_bridge/

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant, you should have done the ST6 bridge.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

seanr
Member # 277

Oh, LOL. I've done that one already, but will be redoing it soon, the same way I did this one.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen some of your bridges before sean, terrific stuff, flawless I'd to say in this case. You've got the art of bridge building firmly nailed down.

Excellent.

Being a modeller too I've attempted one bridge and it was monstrously difficult by comparison to building a ship. It never even got as far as the rendering stage. But I've built most of a Galaxy Class engineering set and a ready room before, but as far as designing and building bridges I could use some tips.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I recall in ST6, the plaque was placed above the viewscreen.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy... freaking... cow... [Eek!]

I've seen your work before (years ago on the Trek BBS, back when it wasn't a cesspool of idiocy), but this is simply amazing. Very realistic!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophyle: In case you don't check your PMs regularly, please check them! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Anduril
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good lord that is amazing.

I was gearing up to do the TOS bridge and drop it into the Bridge Commander game but now that I've seen this I think I'll just stick to ships and admire your work.

IP: Logged
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this color scheme a little too warm? I made a screencap of a decent bridge-wide shot from STV for comparison... none of the uniforms or skin colors look off to me, so I'm assuming my DVD player/capture settings aren't fucked up. Looks pretty much like pale gray and white to me, with a hint of beige. There's also that blue glow around the ceiling.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps