Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution Class Bridge (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Constitution Class Bridge (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't tell what color the damn thing is supposed to be. Every time I get another picture from a book, or another screencap, the g**damn thing is a different color. I like the tan color, so that's what I'm using.

Take a look at my reference material:
http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/enterprise_st5_bridge/

Also, get a copy of The Art of Star Trek and take a look at the photo of the bridge in that book (that one's even more tan than mine!).

As for the blue, I can't get any shots of the ceiling, so I can't figure out what the heck is generating that blue light. As a result, I've got no way to accurate reproduce it.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have The Art of Star Trek... I guess it's like the original ship herself. She was painted gray, but looked everything from white to gray to blue to green on different televisions.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update:

http://www.webolutionary.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_tff-10.jpg

The wall color actually has not changed, the grayness is entirely a result of lighting the way it appears to me to be on the actual set:

http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/enterprise_st5_bridge/

BTW, would a moderator please edit the images in the first post on this thread to links?

[ August 11, 2002, 10:14: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

seanr
Member # 277

Not one single comment? Surely you guys can do better than that. [Big Grin]

BTW, could a moderator please edit the above post to a link, since you guys are still using UBB (:puke:) which doesn't allow editing of older posts?

Update (click for 1600x1200):

-

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh that is just disgusting. I think I hate you forever.

That is really nice. I think a couple of people here have commented that it looks like a photograph. I tend to agree. The only thing I see that doesn't seem quite right is the supports for the railings. I think those should be a little more specular (more like a brushed aluminum).

These are some truly incredible and beautiful renders, sirrah. It's really too bad this film couldn't live up to this standard. People like you make me cry at night. Keep them coming!

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

seanr
Member # 277

LOL
Thanks (I think). [Big Grin]

I'm probably going to end up completely redoing those metal peices holding up the railing anyway, so I might try messing with the material some then.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/STVbridge2.jpg

Ignore the colour scheme from that picture. (I really do love the blue glow in Sean's bridge though) - unless it IS present in other bridge pics... This is the blue glow from Shakaree/Blue Planet they are orbiting... remember there was a LOT of light pouring into that bridge from the monitor... it was almost like the light from the Stargate when it is active. That is why all the 'tan' is washed out and made to look grey.

Oh BTW - Bewtiful stuff - I still have your ealier STV bridge pics you posted here... last year?? Or was it two years ago?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say keep the blue tint, it's quite effective and adds a nice sense of atmosphere.
Also, it might come in handy if you decided to do a blue/red/yellow alert scene.

The only thing that bothers me about this scene is all those shadows cast by the railings into the "pit". Is there anyway to defuse them a little, so they don't look quite so clear?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, leave the blue light in - I like it too.

And yeah maybe muddying up the shadows a little could be good.

Just a question the bit of the central console from helm/navigation that is in front of the Captain's chair - is there anything there, like a panel or anything... cause there is something there in both TOS and the Refit Enterprise isn't there?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seanr:

BTW, could a moderator please edit the above post to a link, since you guys are still using UBB (:puke:) which doesn't allow editing of older posts?

Yes it does. Charles just turned it off, because he hates it when people edit posts that have already been replyed to.

Anyway, I tend to agree with most of what's been said. Looks alomst photograph like, apart from the shadows of the railings, which look a bit too harsh. Wouldn't there be enough ambient light to wash out most of the shadows anyway (bearing in mind that the set was most lit by large lamps from off camera)?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And on an unrelated note, why on earth is chekov in the captain's chair anyway? I know that earlier on, they were trying to fool Sybok (by, er, sending their captain down to be captured), but here? Surely Sulu would be a better choice.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they took Sulu to planet with them though

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"since you guys are still using UBB (:puke:)"

This is to Charles as to poking with a sharp stick is to a Tiger. Run, before you pay for such insolence!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha.. so that's his twin brother in that picture? Billy Sulu?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

seanr
Member # 277

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Aha.. so that's his twin brother in that picture? Billy Sulu?

LOL

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps