Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution Class Bridge (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Constitution Class Bridge (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bootylicious... you been hired by ILM yet?
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.

I only wish. [Frown]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking great, Sean. Really astounding. I love images where you really have to look very carefully to figure out that it isn't real.

*nitpick*The railing supports are looking good, although they might be a bit too polished, now. There is something strange about the lighting and or materials for those forward steps. They somehow seem too bright now or something.*/nitpick*

Glad Okuda's taken an interest. At this rate, it won't be long before Foundation is knocking on your door. Really terrific stuff.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
and people trying to rationzlize why they have never had fun in life: "the reason i never go have fun is so that i......can go to heaven, yeah, that's it. god doesn't like fun, that's for sure."

You really are a laid back and loving monkey, aren't you Eddy?
only with the right people, dearie, only with the right people.
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seanr, nice as always but I have a few nitpicks/pointers again [Smile]

• The backs of the chairs and the captain's chair (the whole body) are too dark. If the lighting on the bridge can light the floor and the railings and even the panels (not the displays) as well as they do, you shouldn't have such DARK chairs (the dark parts of them). The Captains chair just looks like a black polygon, i.e. the light isn't showing any detail (and yes I've got a new monitor with contrast/brightness adjusted)
  • The red railing (this is in relation to the contrast of the chairs) around the consoles (not around the 'pit/captain/nav/conn' is very red, again in comparison to the chairs and surrounds. Did this bridge have that much red?
  • So is the blue lighting actually part of the set now (according to the photo) or have just just left it in from out comments before?
  • I thought there was something on that central panel infront of the Captain's chair. Is there anything else on there?
  • Is there anything else on that hub thing in the middle of the roof?
  • What did Okuda say?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> The backs of the chairs and the captain's chair (the whole body) are too dark. If the lighting on the bridge can light the floor and the railings and even the panels (not the displays) as well as they do, you shouldn't have such DARK chairs (the dark parts of them). The Captains chair just looks like a black polygon, i.e. the light isn't showing any detail (and yes I've got a new monitor with contrast/brightness adjusted)

You gamma is off regardless of the age of your monitor. I can see the seat cushions just fine on every monitor I've seen the image on. They are suposed to be dark gray.

> The red railing (this is in relation to the contrast of the chairs) around the consoles (not around the 'pit/captain/nav/conn' is very red, again in comparison to the chairs and surrounds. Did this bridge have that much red?

You talking about the cushions on the edges of the stations? That is accurate.

> So is the blue lighting actually part of the set now (according to the photo) or have just just left it in from out comments before?

Yes. The photo that Okuda sent me was from before they had the okudagrams installed, and even it had all the blue lighting in place.

> I thought there was something on that central panel infront of the Captain's chair. Is there anything else on there?

That is the astrogator. I'm waiting on reference material for that.

> Is there anything else on that hub thing in the middle of the roof?

No.

> What did Okuda say?

He initially emailed me to say that he'd seen the set on TrekBBS and thought it was neat. We've exchanged a few emails since about a number of questions I had (one of which led to him sending me that photo).

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.