Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ambassador Class Bridge (Conjectural) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ambassador Class Bridge (Conjectural)
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a problem because both of the two forums I use most often _don't_ have a problem.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it should be noted that this is Flare. Different rules apply here. Now, I'm sure all of us would appreciate it if you stayed and posted your artwork here, but around these parts we prefer links, thumbnails, or small resolution images as opposed to large resolution images.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really nice work, Sean. That's Truespace, huh? Any special radiosity pluggins? Really solid rendering...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trueSpace has Radiosity built into it (since 4.0), but I never use it as it is a tremendouse waste of RAM and processor power. As long as you know the basic principles involved, it's very easy to fake it using standard lighting techniques (I could probably even get TS2 to render something of similar quality with the right lighitng setup).

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could have sworn there was Radiosity going on. Those soft shadows are truly pro. Is it the textures? How many lights did you wind up using? Really, really great job.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work, all it needs is some Ambassador-class graphics and a dedication plaque.

Also, didn't the E-C miniature's bridge, feature a set of windows in the ceiling? that would be an interesting feature if you could incorperate it into you interior.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

seanr
Member # 277

I don't believe so. Here's a shot of the bridge module on another ship of the same class:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ambassador/yamaguchi-bridge.jpg

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but need I remind you that the Yamaguchi was a refit? [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

seanr
Member # 277

Please show me a photo of the original, then. I know it was a refit, but I've got no reason to believe they changed something that minor until I see a pic to the contrary. [Wink]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there really aren't any good pics of the top of the original E-C config. however, sci-fi art seems to think that there was a window on top, and i think i can almost see one in this pic. there is a little indentation on top of the bridge module (here is the bridge module blown up a little bit, which makes the indentation easier to see). maybe someone else has a better shot. the Yamaguchi definitely does not have a window on top. i would say, until we see a better pic of the E-C, that there is circumstantial evidence for the orginal configuration Ambassador class ships have a bridge window, but nothing definite.
IP: Logged
seanr
Member # 277

I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation of those pictures. It's probably just a spec of dirt, or even just a slight ridge (like the rings on the dome of the Enterprise refit bridge).

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my interpretation is simply that their might be a window. as i said, the pics of the original E-C really aren't good enough to tell. i doubt it's a quarter inch spec of dirt, though. [Smile]
IP: Logged
seanr
Member # 277

Considering te ammount of battle damage on that ship, it could be. [Wink]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually going by the schematics.
There seams to be a series of little windows along the front edge of the dome.
However looking at the miniature, I can't tell whether they are supposed to be windows or just superficial notches.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did people know that the Voyager also had ceiling windows - although they were 'upright' and in the 'alcove' of the ceiling - not just a dome like the E-D.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps