Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Galaxy Class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Galaxy Class
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE!

Just a few extra little things...

I think the main impulse engine is too far down? Is it big enough?

The second and third shuttle bays should be more easily seen... I think they are inset.

The 'back-bone' of the secondary hull doesn't curve DOWN like that I think it tapers with out an arc...

And I guess you haven't finished but there are no windows or vents etc on decks 2? and 3?

Oh, and where are the transporter emitters?

Yes, can we see a front on view.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think possibly that the saucer impulse engines are too "inset", or whatever. It makes the part where the neck meets the saucer look a bit structuraly unsound. I'd make the "chunk" taken out of the saucer for them a bit smaller.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A full set of detailed views from all angles won't be available until it's finished. So this is just a quickie - didn't have time to do anything more detailed.

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Gerard Gillan
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you need to have detailed infomation to correct and add in more detail on your Galaxy class ship. I do not want to nitpick your work but help you out with some reference material which I hope this helps in your venture. Galaxy Class blueprints and schematic info [Smile]

I hope this help's you Red Admiral

Reguards

Gerard - Gilso

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey it's Gilso! Love your site.

On the front view, to me the upper half of the engineering hull seems to be a little too curved.

The main shuttlebay seems to stand out more because it has different detail from the rest of the ship, and it's also a tad too long.

Other than that, better than most I have seen.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the comments and the useful nitpicks, I don't take them as criticisms, because as alluded to before this is a WIP. It is far from finished.

I don't know if, or how, the secondary hull has become too curved. I've used plenty of schematics and reference material to make this model, doing it freehand and on the fly would be utterly impossible. So in my opinion it is correct as far as the dimensions of the hull are concerned.
(with a few mesh edges and other details yet to iron out and tidy up)

Gilso, thanks ever so much for the link. These detailed and hi res schematics will be very useful for this and other projects.. Excellent.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I mean is the deflector dish, the top part is too curved. Take a look at Gilso's and you will know what I mean.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, the two TNG Enterprise-D models do have differently shaped engineering hulls anyway, so there is room for interpretation.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Seriously? Do you have pictures to show me? I never could tell the difference beyond the surface detail.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Er, there was a thread about it a few months back. Someone said that they thought the 4 foot model looked "pregnent", and thus hated it. There was probably an anti-Berman & Braga comment in there too.

Someone with better memory who is less lazy than me want to look it up?

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work as usual, RA.

I believe the 'pregnant' discussion was was in reference to the STIII Excelsior looking like a 'pregnant guppy.' Not entirely groundless

There is some discussion of the differences between the 4 and 6ft Galaxy models starting around here .

If someone pokes me with a stick I'll upload a comparison front view of the two models, but then I'm sure the resourceful among you must certainly have this image.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

*pokes Balaam Xumucane with a stick*

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

'poke times two'.

It would be a interesting and useful comparison.

--------------------

The ASDB

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[IMAGE REMOVED]

EDIT: Sorry, Kids. Content VERBOTTEN

[ August 13, 2002, 22:35: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the 4 foot model is way better.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps