Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Cause I know you like it

Author Topic: Cause I know you like it
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Work is coming along.

Here's one
Here's another
And one more just to make you drool.

[Wink]

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*really hopes Erick names the ship in accordance with a reference from The Simpsons* [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn that looks awesome. if you made molds and came up with a resin model kit of that, i would definitely buy it (assuming quality was high, which i'm sure it will be considering the quality of your models).

on another topic, Fructose, your Enterprise-C looks incredible. www.starfleetyards.com is still down, apparently, so do you think you could post the paint colors of your Enterprise-C here? i've e-mailed Jay Aycock about it, but i haven't gotten any response (i'm not sure if the address i have is still valid).

IP: Logged
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

btw, i'm assuming that Akayazi you have on your preview page is a model kit. because of that is scrath made (using CNC, or whatever), then all i gotta say is [Eek!] .
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would U.S.S. Shelbyville qualify both as a Springfield/Simpsons reference and as a BoBW/Shelby reference?

How bout U.S.S. North Haverbrook

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having trouble trying to get onto the site? Anyone else? It can't be me, because I can go on any other site (I checked).

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

the site works absolutely perfectly for me.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what *is* the dorsal pod piece you are using? Something scratchbuilt? Or a pre-existing hinged cover of... what?

Timo Saloniemi

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's some fantabulous craftsmanship, sugar flyboy. [Smile]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just call it "USS Homer". A "Simpsons" reference, and a plausible Starfleet-given name...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Just call it "USS Homer". A "Simpsons" reference, and a plausible Starfleet-given name...

A sister ship for the Odyssey? [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pod is a scratch build. Just something I sketched out to look like the pictures. And I was thinking about naming it USS Chekov, since that's the only name we know of. But Shelbyville isn't a bad idea. (Not Homer though. Ugh.) The Akyazi is a kit I bought online from www.mcdanielmodels.com. And The paint scheme for the Enterprise-C is a light gray base, flanker medium blue for the light blue and flanker blue gray for the dark blue. (Or the other way around, I can't remember for sure.) The nacelles use copper and a mix of red and black to make a very dark red. Oh, and the dome on the bottom of the saucer is jet exaust, I think. They are all Testors colors.

I'll probably have it done in a week or two, depending on when I get the decals I need. I'll keep you posted.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you keeping that captain's yacht as one? It otherwise looks awfully small for one.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

thanks for the color list!
Fructose
Member # 309

Sure thing. And I'm going to leave the captain's yacht. I figure it's a smaller version of the big one on the Ent-D. Besides, it's a little late now. [Smile]

--------------------

www.ericksmodels.com

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps