Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Fancy a Curry...?

Author Topic: Fancy a Curry...?
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to Bernd and the official model photos I was able to restructure the old Curry mesh and make it more accurate. I've not bothered to do anything interesting here though. It's not my favourite ship. But I thought you might be interested to see what it looks like in 3D.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those nacelles aren't very pretty. If they had just put some smaller ones on the ship, like in the schematics we had before the actual photos showed up, it would've looked better.

Anyway, nice 3D. Nixpick: you missed the small ribbed thingy between the nacelles and the hull.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm just not liking how the little red x sits inside the white square..
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's actually the so-labelled "Raging Queen". The Curry was apparently the model that had the correctly-oriented nacelles and Miranda pylons.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink]
I know, but I refuse to acknowledge the canonicity (don't you just both love and loathe that word), of the 'Raging Queen' - not the existence of s second Curry Class ship, but a ship with such a name. It's ludicrous, and only a in-joke homage to Saturday Night Live. Besides, no such name was discernable on the ship in 'ATTS', and it didn't even have a USS prefix.

-I prefer the nacelle orienatation this way...

-Harry, good spot on the 'rib thingy'. I also missed the extended nacelle fin. I'm aware both are missing and was wondering if anyone would pick that up. I considered it as an afterthought, but in an uncharacteristic moment of lethergy, and indifference to this ship and my mesh, just couldn't be bothered to do them.

Cap Mike - it's a reliable server, can't imagine why you're not getting an image.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not saying that you should call it "Raging Queen". But you shouldn't call it the Curry, because the Curry looked different.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got them now.. apparently it wasnt relaiable 9 hours ago. whatever

yes, i agree. the curry was the ship in the episode, and this certainly isnt it.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with TSN and Mike - it isn't right calling this Curry.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shelley. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's call it then USS Ugly-Ass Kitbash then. Would that satisfy most of the board then?

I personally prefer the USS Curry version with the Miranda Class parts.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the pylons on this thing: you have drawn two relatively narrow pylons with a slight anhedral to them, but virtually no angling of the leading or trailing edges. In the side view, you also have a "ramplike" thing connecting the saucer to the secondary hull.

Upon examining the shadows of our one and only "Raging Queen" side view, it seems to me that the ramplike part could in fact be the trailing edge of the pylon. That is, the pylon would consist of the squarish part you show, plus a triangular part attached near-seamlessly to it. This would best explain how the shadows fall on the seam between the square and triangular parts in the photo.

Whatever connects the saucer to the secondary hull would then be completely obscured by the pylons.

The triangular parts might be made out of Constitution pylons, which have those dark "plasma vent" things on the leading and trailing edges - there's something like that evident on these triangular parts as well. Or if the kit bashed here was a Miranda, then its pylons could also serve. Or then these could be custom parts.

Timo Saloniemi

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Refined, and renamed:

-

--------------------

The ASDB

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you're good when you can make even a butt-ugly design like this look good. Nice job, RA...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps