Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pre-TNG Shuttle (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pre-TNG Shuttle
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cpt. Kyle Amasov: Ha! I thought the same thing. But for being pre-TNG there are too many corners. Seems something Eaves would have come up with. For pre-TNG, I'd add some more organic lines, for the front window and the pylons for example.
Those corners were necessary since I had already drawn the bottom half of the yacht, including the rim on the new Korolev side view. [Wink]

quote:
You could try to add some bussard collectors instead of type 6-hexagonal front ends for the nacelles.
The nacelle design is supposed to be inspired by the W359 marker pen nacelles. I think the ramscoops are only exposed on the forward face of the nacelle housing so you'll be able to see them when I get around to doing a front view.

quote:
Masao: Nice design, especially the rear fantail. I like the fact that it's not flat bottomed, like usual shuttles.
It's about 37m long, it can afford to have space wasting curves [Wink]

quote:
It's going to have some sort of landing skids, I assume?
If you look at the side cutaway you can just about see the landing claws. I made them similar to Voyager's legs because that the way I had placed the forward gear hatch so high, a simple skid would be a little unstable.
Aside from that it looks cool. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Amasov... the front is too... futuristic and very Eaves-ish.

The the 'lip' looks like the Sabre lip.

The underside of the forward section I wouldn't make so 'empty' - bulge it out - like the Season 1 TNG shuttle - it's got like a 'frog throat'.

Then it'd be nice! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My one suggestion would be that the registry is probably way too high for a pre-TNG build. Depending on how far back you think she is, I'd suggest either mid/high 6xxxx's, or something in the 70xxx range (which would put her as concurrent to the GCS). 74xxx (her current reg) is up in just-post-TNG territory, a la Voyager.

Of course, it's true that just how registries work is a bit up in the air, but it's safe to follow the general pattern.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forget that this is not the prototype but just one random ship of the class. Who says they skipped production? [Wink]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AndrewR: I agree with Amasov... the front is too... futuristic and very Eaves-ish.

It's supposed to be futuristic, it is the 24th Century. [Razz]

quote:
The the 'lip' looks like the Sabre lip.
It dose? What's wrong with that then?

quote:
The underside of the forward section I wouldn't make so 'empty' - bulge it out - like the Season 1 TNG shuttle - it's got like a 'frog throat'.
As I've said before, the design of the bow is already a fixed design, since that the part that is exposed on the Korolev.
Besides, bulging out a ship of this size like that would only serve to create unnecessary atmospheric drag.

quote:
Cpt. Kyle Amasov: You forget that this is not the prototype but just one random ship of the class. Who says they skipped production?
I'm afraid your both wrong. That's the name and reg of it's mother ship, remember that only Runabout have their own NCC numbers.
The shuttle's own name disappeared because of a layering error on my part, the name is Binky.

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the name is Binky.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well I couldn't really call it "Luggage" now, could I? [Razz]

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well thought out design. [Big Grin] I can not wait to see your final product. Keep up the great work. What else are you working on other than the aquashuttle?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps