Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » It's done! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's done!
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally finished my model! Well, it's been done for like two weeks, but I finally got to update my site. I've been unable to update it recently do to a minor problem. But it's done. Here's a couple teasers for ya. [Wink]

The beauty shot

And the classic rear shot

You can see the rest at my website.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate you. No models I ever made were this good.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
16 years of experience is what it took to make them this good.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely stuff... is there any way you can photograph them - but light it with a single light source... i.e. mimicing a 'sun' or something... I wanna play around with the pic in photoshop.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capt ussintrepid
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for capt ussintrepid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, that is just plain gorgeous [Eek!]

--------------------
"Time is short. And so is my temper."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Undoubtably named after the noted behaviourist and leading proponent of determinism. [Smile]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Fructose
Member # 309

uh...yeah...sure. [Wink]

Actually, all my pics are with one light source; the flash on my camera. So I can't really move my light source. Sorry.

--------------------

www.ericksmodels.com

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you know what I mean... not the flash - but shine a lamp near it. It'll take over as the primary light source. I.e. get some shadows going on the model.

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bring up a good point, Andrew. For a while I've strategically placed a couple of my models near a lamp in my lounge. It's amazing how much better they look when all the other lights are out (at night, of course). Almost gives a motion controlled quality.

BTW, your models are brilliant, Fructose. They put mine to shame. My only nitpick is that the hull colour looks a little too dark to me.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Fructose
Member # 309

I don't have a white enough light for that. I guess I could try taking pics outside some time to get the shadows. And the hull color looks much lighter against a black background. The blue background just makes the pictures better.

--------------------

www.ericksmodels.com

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god. Damn you fructose...... My aim in life is to make a model that is as good as that!!!

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello photo-eference for the Springfield Class.

[Smile]

Amazing work.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay!!!!! Enough!!!!
Why can I not get these links and site to work for me? [Mad]
I soooo want to see those models!
Eric! Please Send me pics directly!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well, Fruc - the light doesn't have to be WHITE - but just a bright light at an angle to the ship so it is the only light source and is casting shadows.

Andrew

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally managed to see your Springfield!
Fantastic work! I'll use alot of your construction notes for my 2500th version...
You are (as far as I've seen) the first modeler to tackle the Springfield!
....and you (correctly) did not add on that horrid Oberth style pod thingie on the bottom.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps