Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Valiant patch (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Valiant patch
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers Masao.
The Charybdis is a tricky one because as I mentioned before, they used the Apollo 17 patch onscreen so I'm walking the line between violating cannon and accepting a result of the art department's small budget.

For those not familiar with the original patch, here is a comparison.

-

As you can see I've already made several alterations, most obvious (and necessary) being the crew and mission names.
However I suppose I could increase the size of the planets somewhat, without impacting on the design too much.

-

I think that's everything. Better?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revisions done to the Charybdis patch.
 -

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, my earlier comments were about the Valiant patch, not Charybdis! The elements in the Valiant patch should be a bit bigger. Sorry, sorry.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Never mind, I needed to revise the Charybdis patch anyway.

*grumble* Bloody yank. *grumble*

Anyway, here's the new version of the Valiant patch.

-

I wasn't at all happy with the old fire trail so I stole this one from somewhere. [Wink]

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yankee-ness has nothing to do with it! I'd be annoying regardless of nationality.

That Valiant patch is better with the bigger elements. Hmm, that fire trail looks VERY familiar. (Of course, I swiped it from somewhere else first.) However, it does look a bit cramped at the turn, since it 's very close to the border but turning very hard to avoid going out . You might consider letting it go past the border at the bottom since the ship is already past the border at the top. Either that or move the turn further inside the border.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well it certainly helps [Razz]

Well technically I have more right to steal it than you do, after all the Valiant is much more contemporary to the Phoenix than the Daudalus.
(spot the relevance of that if you dare)

Oddly enough the cramped turn was intentional, it supposed the show that the Valiant took a northerly route out of the solar system, to the near edge of the galactic barrier.
I know a better way of doing that would be to have the earth shown top down and have the Valiant seen front end-on but . . . I'm just too lazy.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Did you swipe directly from the original or did you swipe indirectly via my swipe? LOL!

I still thinks the trail looks a bit funny with that sharp turn. Maybe if you wrapped it around the Earth once?

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome work on the patch. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I can not wait to see what you come up with next.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps