Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » damn cool work by someone not me (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: damn cool work by someone not me
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at starshipmodeler.com, there is a cool "damaged but being repaired" USS Challenger in the readers gallery. thought you guys might like to see it. really good work. kudos to Mr. Loftus.
IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad. I like the open Cargo bay and lowered cargo elevators. I'd like the saucer damage better if we could see some interior detail.. like the decks and corridors and such.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i think that the saucer damage is representing where new segments are being installed, so there hasn't beem much more than bulkheads and skeletal structure installed yet.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephen is a great guy too. He gave me alot of help on my 2500th open shuttle bay (on a Galaxy class). [Big Grin]
Heres a link to more of Stephen's (Soundeffect) great work:
http://members.fortunecity.com/msfm/stephen_l.htm

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, every single one of those models is amazing. [Eek!] I love the Mariner class and the Shelley/Curry with battle damage.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is/was the Challenger? Why were she damaged?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

Challenger was the ship that LaForge was captain of in some time travel episode of Voyager. it was damaged in the dominion war, i'm sure. the only things i don't like about his models are how he painted the Galaxy class deflector dishes, and the fact that the E-E's dish is the wrong color. otherwise, they are really great models.
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i am familiar with this guys work, also. he's pretty good however he doesnt do the aztecing like guys like fructose do. but thats my only fault with his work.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

he does a very subtle Aztec pattern, actually, at least on some models. i just dislike the colors in the deflector dish.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subtle aztecing is much prefered to those of us that go for the "on screen" look. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

indeed it is.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Stephen just added a fantastic new model!
The DS9 Kit Bash USS Yeager.
Amazing to see that pitiful design made to look cool with a better model! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i guess i'll have to look at it now. i saw USS Yeager and i ran away screaming. i woke the neighbors up, and everything.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

wow. that model does looks extremely, extremely nice. definitely very, very well done. too bad the design is pure shit. his Prometheus also looks great. from these photos, i think the kit bash he did looks better than the Warp Kit, though the deflector shape (since it came from the E-D) isn't quite right.
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah but the thing is with the ent-d model is that the pattern is already there so it would be pretty criminal for you not to do it. i'm currently painting mine and its the first model i've aztec'd. other models dont have the aztec pattern on it so most people, sound effect and myself included, dont do them for every model.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps