Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Vulcan Engineering

Author Topic: Vulcan Engineering
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a bit of conjecture, ment as a possible origin for the TOS engineering division logo.

-

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You, Aban, Mike, Seanr, Lobo, and the lot of you all suck... Really, I do like that...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thaz cool. Neat idea to have Vulcan concepts influencing some Starfleet ideas instead of just Human stuff, too.

Neat.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with Aban; nice to see some non-human influences. Especially as good as that [Smile]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like it. However, the color scheme makes it look somewhat Klingon. What about a weathered-jade background (The plate reminds me of the gong in "Amok Time".

"TOS - the original, and still the best".

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers folks.

The colour scheme is based partly on the T'Plana'Hath lander and the Surak-Class seen in Enterprise.

For now I'm assuming that the TOS command star came from Earth Starfleet so I'm open to suggestions as to the origin of the science division symbol.
The Andorian Science Institute?
The Alpha Centaurian League of Scientists?
The Tellar Science Assosiation?

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tellarites don't seem to be the science type. Alpha Centauri is of controversial status (no official word on Alpha Centauri natives, let alone membership of the UFP). So I would go for the Andorians. Or any of the obscure Fed members.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Neither are Ferengi or Klingons, but they still have scientists [Wink]

However, since we know next to nothing about the Tellarites or the folks from Alpha Centauri and I'd like to only use one of the five founding members, the Andorians are a good possibility.
Do we have any idea what their written language looks like?

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps