Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Rodger Young - 5 ~ Klingons - 0 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rodger Young - 5 ~ Klingons - 0
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tactical chart depicting an engagement I made up, in an article for my Dreadnaught design that I've been drafting.

-

It was originally going to be an animation but that proved a little too ambitious for my poor old software.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Download the free trial of flash, that looks like it would be good in an ani file...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great image! You should really try to make an animation if possible... you're computer can't be THAT old, can it? [Wink]

Question: I've seen a good many sites for "Starship Troopers" that have spelled the ship name "Rodger Young" -- but shouldn't it be "Roger Young"?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would it look if all the Klingon stuff, including the paths and the top view, were in red, and the Feds stuff were in green?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like, regardless. Is this a graphic of how things are, were, or will be? And assuming the little red Xs are where Klingon ships are disabled or destroyed, would a Federation-class dreadnought be really that powerful? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rodger Young was a real person.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stand corrected. [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow; I like that! [Smile]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input guy!

Ritten: I'll have a look at Flash and see what I can come up with.

MinutiaeMan: Sol System is correct and I have my copy of "Starship Troopers" sat on my shelf to prove it [Wink]
As for the animation, it's not that my computer is old it's just that I only have Animation Shop Pro (an add on to PSP) which is only really useful for banners.

Masao: Good suggestion, I'll give it a whirl.

Mark Nguyen: I'd class this as an historical file, perhaps something a Cadet is required to study. Of course I could have done it in the more familiar TNG LCARS style but I decided that the old movie stlye looks better for this sort of thing. So I suppose that makes this a vintage historical file, from a 24th century perspective [Wink]

As for the firepower of the Federation-class; bear in mind that this is supposed to represent one of my updated dreadnaughts which have a few extra weapons than FJ's original, including 4 or 5 torpedo tubes and a pair of heavy phaser turrets. Combine with this the element of surprise and an inventive Captain then it doesn't seam quite so unlikely, especially if I write in something about the ship having to spend the next 3 months in drydock. [Wink]

Ok kiddies, here's an update!

-

And just for fun a dedication plaque for the Rodge.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/meesa like SFC style and colorscheme
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... just cool!
Good work!

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is just wonderful looking, although I have one suggestion and that would be less yellow. I don't seem to remember the Movie LCARS having that much yellow in them (generally they were just shades of blue and green with white).

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But there's hardly any yellow in there at all! [Confused]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's fine as it is. i've always prefered the movie style LCARS to the TNG ones. I like the idea of a combat report kinda thing like this as well.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much clearer now!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps