Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Dedication Plaques (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dedication Plaques
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically yeah. Civilian shipping firms and ship builders can name their vessels whatever they want, it doesn't effect any other fleet's Class designations.
Infact there might even be several Enterprises and Yorktowns flying around under civilian companies, it's not like Starfleet would have the monopoly on ship names, ,which is as good an explanation as any for the TMP ringship.

Infact I proposed that maybe all the non-Starfleet Antares class ships actually come from a company based in the Antares system (I even did a logo for them), however give that Antares is several thousand light years away (I think) that would be a little far fetched...unless the Antarians are a particulary widespread and fairly advanced race who just like enjoy selling rusty old freighters to all kinds of people across the galaxy. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and here's a slightly better plaque for the Valiant.
 -

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too advanced, man! The Enterprise in TOS didn't have logos on the plaque, those only came with movie technology. Besides, aside from the logo, you're basically just ripping off what they did in TOS. Show some originality and stop pissing on Roddenberry's grave and rewriting canon.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The board is awash with recursion and self-reference tonight, I see.

Reverend: I think it might look better if Montana wasn't abbreviated. (Or, perhaps, was represented by its two-letter postal code, but that seems a bit unlikely.) Maybe make it just a little taller, or shrink the font for that line a bit more?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
It's too advanced, man! The Enterprise in TOS didn't have logos on the plaque, those only came with movie technology.
Of course, embossing is a highly advanced technique that couldn't possibly be done until the late 23rd century.

quote:
Besides, aside from the logo, you're basically just ripping off what they did in TOS.
It's called continuity.

quote:
Show some originality and stop pissing on Roddenberry's grave and rewriting canon.
Bite me.

quote:
Reverend: I think it might look better if Montana wasn't abbreviated. (Or, perhaps, was represented by its two-letter postal code, but that seems a bit unlikely.) Maybe make it just a little taller, or shrink the font for that line a bit more?
I'll have a go, see how it looks.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom's wit: ->>-------->

Reverend's head: [Mad]

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep up the great work Reverend. I can not wait to see what you will do next. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two comments:
1. I agree that you should probably abbreviate Montana as MT.
2. The shadowing you've used on the Hermes plaque makes it look as if the letters are floating without a connection to the base. This is especially noticable at the bottom points of the delta and the serifs and thin sections (top of the s) of some letters.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps