Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » scratchbuild challenge for cojoker (and whoever thinks they could do it). (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: scratchbuild challenge for cojoker (and whoever thinks they could do it).
aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh Heh. so cojoker your the scratch build master eh? Well my friend, my challenge to you is to build, in your beloved scale of 1/2500, the aegean class starship. and when its finished you gotta show all the flarites. if anyone else wants to give it a go then feel free. i would try but i have no experience at scratchbuilding. the balls in your court!!!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, Why not! i have a 2500th Springfield going just now (eric made such a cool 1400th version)....but since you challenged me....

Ever since I saw those great illustrations here at Flare, I've been slowly gathering reference material for a scratchbuild.

The ship seems pretty long, but not real mass heavy...I place it at almost 400 meters (if we assume a simular size bridge to the Interpid class).
It'll be a nice side project from my three current models: the Springfield, Azyaki (TNG version) and the ongoing nightmare of the 2500th Dominion Battleship!

Oh, and I go by Jason Abbadon over here!
What's your handle at SSM? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody got a schematic of this ship for me to use, or must I go it alone? [Cool]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ravenstar Studios
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason would do a good job on it and I always enjoy seeing his new stuff.

So what does the Aegean Class look like ? any pics or a web site showing the ship?

IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Alan made a great little illustration of this ship!
http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000980;p=1

I'll be using this as partial reference, but I'll probably make the deflector a bit smaller though. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used togo by iam2xtreme but cos my computer had "internal issues" i no longer have any of my previous screennames. i intend to reregister soon though, and i still check it out when i can. also i think cojoker is a cool name, dont know why , so thats why i called you it.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nice. Would you mind working on spelling, punctuation, and grammar while you're at it? It'd be might appreciated, mate.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Me's a modelr!
Spelin' is fer folks with skoolin'.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly, I've not gotten much done on that drawing recently... there was someone who posted a great top and side view of the ship...but I don't remember who, nor do I have the file here... I know it'll be in the archives though. I believe the discussion was about the ships of Armada 2... Probably Starships and Tech or General Trek

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found it: http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001872

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Many thanks to Aban Rune and Captain asamov for those schematics!
My work is practally half completed now, just be having the research! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

aneurysm
Member # 906

heh it was me that started that topic, oh yeah!!! capt kyles work is mighty impressive. hey jason, cojoker, whatever(!) i forgot to ask do you make your ships to order? and how much do you charge? to the uk? also what is the registry for your USS Enyart?

gO" (tO) h,,E.L;;L; 's'N,A.Y

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the "fuck?"
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The Enyart's registry is NCC-48766 (either among the last of the excelsior refits commisioned or possibly an upgraded-like Lakota- refit recommisioned for the Dominion war).

I don't do any commision work, but I am talking with a couple of people about their producing kits of my ships....I think Sabre and Steamrunner would do well, as no one has produced them yet. [Wink]
I'll let you know hot things progress!

-Jason

P.S. I already got schematics scaled to size and materials on hand for the Ageian class and hope to begin work on it on Monday. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

aneurysm
Member # 906

Damn it. the cost of importing kits is too expensive and the end result wouldn't be as good. nevermind.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.