Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Farscape (Perhaps some spoilers, but nothing major.)

Author Topic: Farscape (Perhaps some spoilers, but nothing major.)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I'm channel surfing this evening, waiting for MST3K to come on, and I come across this show. I had seen a few promotional bits for it, but I wasn't quite sure what to expect. A brand new SF drama...but on the Sci-Fi Channel, which hasn't had much luck with its own creations.

Upon watching for a few minutes, I guessed that this was a Henson production. Thoughts of Pigs in Space come to mind. Yes, there are lots of aliens in the show, and most of them are muppets. But so was Yoda.

Seriously, though, Jim Henson, when he was alive, did some very nice drama. I can't recall the name of it, but he did an anthology show back in the 80's that I remember as being quite good. And there's Labyrinth. (Of course, I liked the "pure" Muppet movies as well, but I'm thinking in more dramatical terms here.)

So the show looks great. Obvious high production values. But...what is beneath them? The story lays at the heart of any show, and I'm afraid I can't really comment on this one. Apparently, this was the seventh episode of the series, being shown on USA as a preview. Why, I have no idea. That choice meant that I had no idea what was going on most of the time. But the actors seem passable, and the voice acting is rather interesting. I guess I'll wait and see.

On a final note, there is a scene where an alien intruder has made his way onto the ship, and one of the crew runs down narrow corridors with a large weapon to intercept it. Maybe it was just me, but this scene screamed out Red Dwarf. I don't even remember the name of the episode...the season finale where Rimmer is running to save everyone. I only got to see part of it.

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Out of Time," Season VI, episode six (last one), cliffhanger for Season VII
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the one!

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps