Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate Timeline

Author Topic: Stargate Timeline
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courtesy Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Stargate

A few errors, but overall a useful tool for those trying to figure out how the Stargate history has played out. Spoilers, of course...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! If it was a PROPER show, it'd have a page of just this kind on chronology.org.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That timeline is all wrong. "Lost City" can't possibly be set during March 2004, considering Henry Hayes had just been inaugurated as President...the election wasn't due until November 2004! [Wink]
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm, I think that the disclaimer, "A few errors, ..." covered that.

Lee, I will send them an email saying that your demanding they include this to make it a proper show. At once, chop-chop, no delays.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the show takes place in the West Wing universe.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or for no apparent reason the Cheers universe.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does that have to do with anything? The West Wing's elections, I'm given to understand (I never watched it), were also out of synch with the real U.S. election years.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the show ended in 2006 with an election, didn't it? So, the question is, was in 2006 in-universe, also? Or was the year on the show not the same as the year it aired (i.e., during the shows airing in 2006, the characters were all living in, say, 2004).

And, back to "Stargate", I think the episode "1969" had a reference to the "current" year, which suggested it was happening at the time it was airing.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though the show doesn't necessarily track in real time, West Wing elections are indeed two years off of real-world elections. Most theories have this involving Ford in some way.

And the episode "2001" also referenced the then-current year, IINM.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
What does that have to do with anything?

Re-read the original post. Thankyou, come again.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, my eamil telling them, for Lee, that SG wan't a proper show got it cancelled, well SG-1 anyway.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps