Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Justice League: Unlimited

Author Topic: Justice League: Unlimited
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit this is the single best superhero cartoon ever made.

by far.

I just picked up the season on DVD:
It's got intresting ongoing plotlines, a bunch of fantastic characters and really good acting.

Plus, it's got Jeffrey Combs as The Question (the sole person to link the Girl Scouts with crop circle formations).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before JLU, I had never even heard of The Question. However, he quickly became one of my favorite superheroes. I am completely of the opinion that, should there be another animated series based in the same universe, it needs to be all about The Question.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah- one of JLU's best traits was how they took the most under-used or lame characters and made them completely cool as hell.
Huntress in theBatman comics is a tiresome knock-off (sorta combining Daredevil and Batman into one goofy woman in spandex and a thong) but she's really quite cool in her team-up with The Question.
Same goes for Wildcat and The Atom.

Some great voice talents- the guy that plays Lex Luthor on Smallville is The Flash!
Robert Picardo is Amazo (the big gold android).
Ron Pearlman, Michael Ironside..
Check them all out:
I'm in lust with the voice of Hawkgirl.
I mean, damn.

mmm...most of the cast of Firefly wrre JLA members....

HA! Kilowog is the guy from the Allstate commercials! Now that's gonna color my opinion of them! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just the current version of the Huntress. When she was created thirty-odd years ago, she was the daughter of the Earth-2 Batman and donned the costume to find the murderer of her mother (the Earth-2 Catwoman).

One thing I missed when it first aired was part one of the two-part time travel episode. Finally caught it on the dvd, and my favorite part was actually a musical cue. During the "Magnificent Seven" moment, the music is a wild west version of the original Justice League theme music.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlimited was good, but I enjoyed the original Justice League stories more since they usually were divided into two-part episodes and had more depth in terms of the plot.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still can't get over the fact that Green Lantern is played buy Phil (I just shot Marvin in the face) LeMarr.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Somehow, the guy at my local comic-store allready has season 3-4 of JLU on DVD!
Bastard! I need that!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bootleg!!!!! The Season 1 boxset has seasons 1 and 2. Beyond that there was season 3, but has not been released yet. There's never been a season 4... unless you mean JL season 4/JLU season 2... which as I said is part of the JLU season 1 boxset.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Er...they kinda got weird with their seasons-
JLA was made in seasons with 22 episodes and one two hour "movie" for two years (seasons 1-2) while JLU was made into smaller seasons of 13 episodes and ran two "seasons" per year, so the JLU DVd set has "seasons 1 and 2 (just called season One) , but there are still 23 more episodes to be released.

Superman's "My problem is the whole world's made od cardboard" speach to Darkseid in the final episode is amazing.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... It's not JLA, just JL. JL was two seasons each with 26 episodes... the majority being two-parters. The pilot was a three-parter, as was the season one finale and the season two finale. There was only one single-part episode (the Christmas episode from season two). Any "movie" would have been either of the three-part episodes aired back-to-back with only one opening sequence and one ending sequence.

JLU's first season was originally ordered as 26 episodes for which the producers decided to break down into two-13 episode seasons. It was not expected to be renewed after that, but surprisingly was. And so that third season of 13 episodes were ordered. Producers were thinking that a fouth season could be ordered and had already begun brainstorming storylines. Producers also knew it could go the other way and not be renewed and were not surprised that it wasn't. They had already expressed their feelings that it was time to stop (though wouldn't object at all to the renewal of more season(s)).

When it was announced that JLU season one was being released, the initial plan was for the first 13 episodes... and that is what the producers assumed. The producers were shocked to find out later that Warner Brothers decided to included the other 13 as well and still call it season one.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So....I "aquired" a Dealer's Pass to an anime con yesterday and went looking for bootleg DVD's (Euereka 7 and S.A.C. in particular) and picked up a nice bootleg of all the remaining JLU episodes.
Some incredible stuff here- and some frankly brutal death cenes for baddies- Black Manta (called "killerray" or something here) get's it from a possessed (by Deadman) Batman.
Just...shot.
Gorrilla Grod dies nicely as well.

More fun with the Huntress (though only a cameo by The Question in the whole damn season).

A fantastic demonstration of exactly how powerful Superman is (during the final episode of the series).

At the show, there were several "guest stars" (mainly local comic book greats like Dick Giordano and Bob Layton) including....Margo Kidder.
Holy fuck- time has not been kind to her (and she was hardly attractive even waaay back in the Superman movies).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps