Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, 2001

Author Topic: Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, 2001
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my Sci-Fi Weekly today, with some good news.
http://www.scifiweekly.com/issue100/news.html

------------------
Here I Come To Save The Day : Mighty Mouse

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Wars: Excellent, especially since I'll probably see it on the weekend.

2001: I could never watch that movie for more than ten minutes. It's just too psychadelic...

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the part about the lawsuit interesting. Hasn't Star Wars refrained from stuff like that in the past?

I like the new release date too. I don't know anyone who won't be seeing it within a week or two, and the theaters will now be less packed on Saturday!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Lucasfilms is turning into a Paramount Clone. (grin)

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonly path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since they are releasing a new film, It's time to tighten up on copy rights. There will be tons of stuff dumped on the market soon.

I am going to orginize a groupe from the office to go to Star Wars. We've done it in the past with Trek, and had as many as eleven go together. I think we can get even more for this one.

I hate to admit watching Battlestar Galactica, but I did, as recently as last year, Sci-Fi was running them and I watched them again. The writing was pretty bad, but I didn't expect as much from them, so I liked it anyway

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that they made a big deal out of the fact that National Semiconductor did the bridge electronics. Kinda makes the "Big G" look oldfashioned by today's standards. Back then, who knew almost everyone would have a computer in their home, car, toaster, etc?

I hope they keep the overall look of the vessels, but redesign the bridge (and other) sets to appear less "retro".

------------------
Carpe Canem!

The Excalibur
Member # 34

The Galactica was a beauty on the outside. Looks like we are going to see the Pegasus also.

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Saturn Awards stuff. Might as well make some choices on who will win:

Best Sci-Fi Film:
Armageddon

Best Fantasy Film:
Truman Show

Best Horror Film:
Halloween H20

Best Action/Adventure/Thriller Film:
Saving Private Ryan (not my pic, but it'll win, I know it)

Best Actor:
David Duchovny

Best Actress:
Meg Ryan

Best Supporting Actor:
Ben Affleck (SEE: Saving Private Ryan)

Best Supporting Actress:
no idea...

Best Young Actor:
no idea...

Best Direction:
Michael Bay

Best Writing:
Andrew Niccol

Best Music:
Trevor Rabin

Best Costume:
no idea...

Best Make-up:
Michael Westmore (Trek has to win SOMETHING!)

Best SFX:
Armageddon

Best Genre Home Video Release:
no idea...

Best Network Series:
The Simpsons

Best Syndicated Series:
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (it has to win)

Best TV Series Actor:
no idea...

Best TV Series Actress:
Sarah Michelle Gellar (mmmm......)

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

The Excalibur
Member # 34

X-Files and Insurrection are the only movies I've seen of late.

------------------
Dramatis Personae

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dark City is one of the best movies made in recent years. Period. So, by all means I hope it garners some kind of award attention. This movie has the kind of depth of thought that all other should have.

And for my money, they should move Armageddon to the horror section...it's that bad. MHO of course.

Futher I would lobby for only two other categories. Saving Private Ryan is an exacting tour de force, a truly great film. It that touched on the key issues of WWII in a way that was both poignant and unflinching.

And for Ian McKellen...his performance in Apt Pupil was masterful; the center of the film and the only thing really holding a jumbled mess of ideas together.

------------------
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

[This message was edited by Jay on March 25, 1999.]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.