Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroe$: 1x20 "Five Year$ Gone" -- Spoilers ahoy! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Heroe$: 1x20 "Five Year$ Gone" -- Spoilers ahoy!
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(hey, my first ever top-level topic! Notes are gonna be out of order here.)

Oooh, I was *not* expecting Sylar to have been pretending to be Nathan. Explains why Nathan was even more of a dick than usual, though. But how did Matt not catch on to that?

Baby Parkman is named Matthew, aww.

My hallmates say: "Kill the Haitian, save the nation!" Better than The Message.

I like how this episode followed Hiro's travels rather than being purely an alternate reality episode that had no relation to the modern characters.

Aw, isn't that sweet? All Hiro needs is confidence...

Oh yes. And did anyone else catch "the Linderman laws"?

Also. No way is that monument able to hold 4 million names.

Well. That answered some questions. Didn't even add many new ones until the preview. Roll on next week.

(And I still heart Bennet.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiro is the best character of the lot. I want to have a Hiro costume, both present-day and Future Hiro.

And tonight's episode really shows how bleak a future can be if the Heroes are outed and the world surrenders even further to fear and paranoia (sensible, given the intentional thematic parallels to today's American policies). But we can see here that this future is not necessarily the future that Lindeman wants - his agenda may still come true. I'm constantly amazed at the level of storytelling going on in this show!

Mark

PS - Didn't Peter pull a Neo tonight?

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this alternate future, how did Peter explode yet still survive?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same way that Sylar got stabbed and regenerated, while Claire was NOT killed, apparently.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, some issues.

1. Since Petey regens, why the Scarface routine?'

2. Why can't Parkman hear Sylar's thoughts?

3. Petey can mimic Hiro. So why didn't he just "freeze-frame" Sylar and off him?

4. Why hasn't "Future Hiro" gone back in time to stop the Gooey Kablooey?

5. Petey has been near Sylar so why can't he demolecularize stuff?

6. Petey has been near Parkman so why can't he read minds?

7. Issak painted Sylar getting gutted by Hiro, but that obviously didn't happen in that timeline, so was the all-seeing "I" wrong?

6. Where was Nuclear Man?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job pointing out the plot holes. Maybe Fonzie will be able to jump those sharks after all.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Interesting question. Before Peter was told by Christopher Eccleston that he would go kabloom, I would've thought it much more logical that the nuclear explosion was caused by... the emotionally unstable *nuclear* guy.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1. Since Petey regens, why the Scarface routine?'
Perhaps he was injured in the presence of the Haitian at some point, since he's Mr Power Blocker. Either that or he encountered someone with the power to make unhealable scars. [Wink]

quote:
2. Why can't Parkman hear Sylar's thoughts?
Well Syler has obviously picked up a few new tricks in 5 years.

quote:
3. Petey can mimic Hiro. So why didn't he just "freeze-frame" Sylar and off him?
See above. Plus he was pissed off.

quote:
4. Why hasn't "Future Hiro" gone back in time to stop the Gooey Kablooey?
Causality. Plus he tried the direct approach before & it didn't work.

quote:
5. Petey has been near Sylar so why can't he demolecularize stuff?
Maybe Peter needs to be there while the power is being used in order to absorb it.

quote:
6. Petey has been near Parkman so why can't he read minds?
Good question. see above. otherwise, maybe he can but doesn't want to.

quote:
7. Issak painted Sylar getting gutted by Hiro, but that obviously didn't happen in that timeline, so was the all-seeing "I" wrong?
Always in motion is the future,

quote:
I imagine Homeland Security had him put down - especially after the bomb. Either that or he's hiding, ESPECIALLY after the bomb.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do we know Peter's been near Parkman before the events at the end of this episode? Supposing that was the first time they met, Peter could have got Matt's power, but it served no use in the fight against Sylar. Still doesn't explain why he didn't just stop time, like you said. Maybe he was still thinking "it's been ages since I had a good fight"? It's not like he had to worry about Sylar offing him. He could indulge himself and inflict a little pain on Sylar(as revenge for Sylar killing Nathan) before finally killing him.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny: when he got arrested after "Homecoming," he and Parkman met. Created quite the feedback loop, too.

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"In this alternate future, how did Peter explode yet still survive?"

"The same way that Sylar got stabbed and regenerated, while Claire was NOT killed, apparently."

I'm not sure Peter would have even needed the regenerative powers to survive. After all, Sprague doesn't get burned by his own energy blasts.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. He did a number on the Bennett residence but he was fine afterwards.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

Not to mention he hasn't given himself cancer like he did his wife, either.

Hm. An interesting touch would be to make him immune to his own radiation but not other forms (be they natural, manmade or Exploding!Peter). But that's neither here nor there...

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on - yes... Sylar survives because he got Claire's power? But Claire is alive?? Does that mean Sylar can take the power but the person remain alive - or did Claire just regenerate after Sylar 'understood' her power?

If Ando died during the explosion? Where was Hiro? Why weren't they together?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Hang on - yes... Sylar survives because he got Claire's power? But Claire is alive?? Does that mean Sylar can take the power but the person remain alive - or did Claire just regenerate after Sylar 'understood' her power?

Assuming your talking about the nuking of New York it was Peter who caused the explosion. Sylar for some reason let all the blame fall on him, probably to allow himself to become president as Nathan. If people taught that Sylar had died, then they would never suspect their own Prez of being him.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.