Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroe$: 1x20 "Five Year$ Gone" -- Spoilers ahoy! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Heroe$: 1x20 "Five Year$ Gone" -- Spoilers ahoy!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe at the end of the episode, Peter wasn't trying to kill Sylar. Sylar, afterall, had already taken Claire's power, so even freeze-framed, he may not have been able to kill Sylar. He may have just been trying to stall him long enough for Hiro to help himself go back in time.

And yes... I did get a distinctly Neo-esque vibe from future Peter.

Still leaves me wondering why Claire could be brainscooped when Peter couldn't. His wound to the head healed as soon as Sylar made it, causing a bit of frustration. So why wasn't Claire healing up in the same way?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was the real Nathan Patrelli who got himself elected, and only later with the power of Candyse, did Sylar assume his identity. This might have happened before the presidential election, but I think it would happen after this Congressional election. As Mars points out, although Sylar was blamed for the nuclear detonation, his supposed death would provide him with an excellent cover story.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hang on - yes... Sylar survives because he got Claire's power? But Claire is alive?? Does that mean Sylar can take the power but the person remain alive - or did Claire just regenerate after Sylar 'understood' her power?"

"Assuming your talking about the nuking of New York it was Peter who caused the explosion. Sylar for some reason let all the blame fall on him, probably to allow himself to become president as Nathan. If people taught that Sylar had died, then they would never suspect their own Prez of being him."

Sylar wasn't the one who blew up, but Future Hiro did say that he killed him, but it didn't take.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, ok, that seems to be a contrdiction... Hiro says he couldn't kill Sylar because he had Claire's healing ability, which would seem to imply that she was killed at the school in the past. But then Clair's still alive during this episode(as a brunette) for Sylar to kill disguised as Nathan... me no understand.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I see what you mean. Good point. Perhaps there was another "hero" who had an ability similar to Claire's.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps when we see Future Hiro when Present Hiro walks in he's literally only just got back from delivering his message to Peter on the subway and isn't automatically aware of the changes in the timeline. So he wouldn't know Claire is alive.

There is a sort of president for this as logically, that waitress with the identic memory should have recognised Hiro right from the start as moments after he leaves there's a picture of them together on the board. So the show is working from the standpoint that time is fluid so there's no rigid pre-destination paradoxes but the timeline is "stubborn" none the less and larger events have a momentum that't difficult to divert.
This explains Hiro's obsession with the life lines and the need to find the critical point.

Of course none of this explains how Peter healed before Syler could pop his lid and Claire couldn't. Maybe part of Peter's gift is to amplify the powers he copies, he was after all able to use Mr Issac's power without the aid a heroine...um...trying ot think of other examples...ok, maybe not, but it's all I can think of.

As for how Syler is alive despite not having Claire's regenerative gift; perhaps in this altered timeline (on which Future Hiro may not be 100% up to date on) Hiro never managed to stab him, or not seriously enough to be fatal.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm working out the Claire thing. It's just hurting my head and I need a piece of paper. But in the meantime, Nick healing as Sylar pumpkins the top of his head off whilst we don't see Claire doing that is easy - drama. I bet Claire starts to heal after the cliffhanger.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick? Who wha?

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if after Future Hiro killed Sylar,Linderman brought him back to life? After all isn't bringing things back to life Linderman's power?
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's healing. The comic books on the website establish pretty well that once something's dead, Linderman can't heal it. I think it's more likely Sylar learned something from the cockroach in his cell (that's probably how he faked dead then too) and laid low for a while.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Oh well, I don't read da comics(but I guess I should!).
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
Nick? Who wha?

Heh. Oops. Peter.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for how Sylar could cut the top off someone's head who has healing power... All he'd have to do is go faster. Remember that he was cutting into Peter's skull fairly slowly. If he'd made one quick cut and popped the top of the skull off before the healing could happen, he'd have no trouble.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, hang on.

The alternate future had the bomb because Sylar wasn't killed by Hiro with the sword - as he had previously 'understood' claire's powers back in Texas - presumably. One would assume she died in that encounter.

Hiro managed to stop Sylar from hurting Claire at the Homecoming.

She either dies or doesn't die for Sylar to get her power - or sylar gets it but she regenerates.

Anyhoo - back then Sylar doesn't get that ability - so he's now vulnerable - unless between now and stabbing time - he manages to get ahold of claire again.

"I hate temporal mechanics".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
She either dies or doesn't die for Sylar to get her power - or sylar gets it but she regenerates.
I'm pretty sure Sylar removes the brain after he pops the skull (I'm also pretty sure he eats it afterwards) and we know that Claire's weakness is brain injury, or rather foreign objects in the brain, so no, she wouldn't have regenerated from that.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps