Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroe$: 1x20 "Five Year$ Gone" -- Spoilers ahoy! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Heroe$: 1x20 "Five Year$ Gone" -- Spoilers ahoy!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is true. It's also true that Sylar wasn't too put off by Peter's regeneration - he seemed pretty sure he could figure out how to defeat it.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just an interesting point from the previews for tonight's episode(or or at least an upcoming episode this season), Hiro apparently catches up with Sylar and freeze-frames him... Sylar's just standing there... But then Sylar seems to be able to counter Hiro's ability. My point is, in Future Hiro's timeline, he actually stabbed Sylar but couldn't kill him. In this timeline, I think Hiro won't be able to even get to Sylar. Thus, Sylar's survival and eventual participation in Peter's detonation seems to be inevitable one way or another. However, now that he's able to be killed, they will have a chance to off him at some point.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're also assuming there's only one of everyone. We haven't seen anything yet to indicate that each person's power is unique...and Sylar's and Peter's are certainly similar (in effect). I think it's perfectly possible there's another regenerator out there that Sylar got, and maybe even another Hiro- or Haitian-similar power he got his hands on to counter Peter's being able to freeze-frame him.

Also, some Heroes have more than one power that are seemingly unrelated. The Haitian can remove memory and also block other powers (although I spose you could argue he can, from a distance, cause them to temporarily 'forget' how to use them). Peter is a copycat but he also had dreams of Flyboy's power, so maybe a psychic link there. So, maybe Sylar not only understands how things work, but has another power to help him resist other's powers. Or, and this just occurred to me, maybe he understands how these powers in general work well enough that he can counter some of them.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We also do not know the limits of some people's powers. Fallout Boy only recently discovered he was able to create an EMP in addition to raw alpha radiation... Bennett has run into many of these people, so it follows he may have run into someone with similar radioactive powers, thus clueing him in on how to escape.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe a way to get Sylar is to trick him into getting a really CRAP power? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh like the power to ONLY breathe underwater, or something?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, some Heroes have more than one power that are seemingly unrelated. The Haitian can remove memory and also block other powers (although I spose you could argue he can, from a distance, cause them to temporarily 'forget' how to use them). Peter is a copycat but he also had dreams of Flyboy's power, so maybe a psychic link there. So, maybe Sylar not only understands how things work, but has another power to help him resist other's powers. Or, and this just occurred to me, maybe he understands how these powers in general work well enough that he can counter some of them.
I think all the Haitian's abilities fall under "mind mamipulation". We know from Sylar that key to the powers are in the brain (don't ask me how that works with radioactive man or Claire) so I imagine he can block the part that controls them.
It's not clear where Peter's dream came from, but I suspect it has something to do with wots-her-face's father who he was looking after before he died. Perhaps he had the power of projecting dreams.

As for Sylar countering Hiro, do we know that Hiro can actually STOP time? We know he can reverse it, speed it up, so perhaps when he "freezes" time he just REALLY slows it down - therefore all Sylar has to do it learn to think and move faster.
I'm trying to remember; back in one of the early episodes Hiro "stops" time to save the little girl from being run over. Does anyone remember if everythign was frozen, or were certain things moveing very slowly? If so, that might give a clue.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything was frozen. He even shoved a thing or two out of the way.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yeah, giddily poking things around in the air that stopped moving when he stopped touching them. I'm gonna make another comment about this at the thread for the next ep in case people haven't seen that yet.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps