Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Not exactly sci-fi -- NUMB3RS

Author Topic: Not exactly sci-fi -- NUMB3RS
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight's episode, "Graphic", involved comic-book forgery. No actual sc-fi in here, but the sci-fi alums were very, very present. Never mind Ridley Scott (Blade Runner, Alien) created and co-executive-produces the show, but Christopher Lloyd (Buckaroo Banzai and the Back to the Future trilogy, amongst others), Judd Hirsch (Independence Day), and Wil Wheaton (frikkin' DUH!) were in it and very present. Wil was playing a very dickish comic book creator. I lov-ed it. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wil Wheaton died, I thought.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o_O Where do you get your information? Go to his blog and get caught up on him. If he's dead, he sure hasn't stopped twitching yet...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irony.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Well, except that that page is semi-dead. Wil killed the code accidentally, and started a new temporary blog whilst he fixed the original... and discovered he liked it better. So WWdN hasn't been updated in forever. Be easy to think he was dead. *heh*

--Jonah

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor guy recently 'won' the "Worst TNG Actor" poll at DITL. Maybe that finally pushed him over the edge.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever I come home, I'm treated to a plethora of crime shows that I never watch but that my mother does. Awhile back I watched an episode of "Cold Case" that featured Rocky Horror and this time around I get an episode of "NUMB3RS" with comics, Kruge, and Wil Wheaton.

Not to mention a plethora of extras in the background dressed in Starfleet uniforms. Which, reminds me, this would be a good place to ask:

It looked to me like the costumes worn by the Trekkie extras in the background fit awfully well for background costumes, and ones meant to depict convention going "Star Trek" fans at that. I'm also pretty sure the costumes had the actual insignias on them, which makes me wonder if those aren't from a prop closet somewhere. Thing is, "Star Trek" is Paramount and UPN/CW/NBC and the insignia is a registered trademark, requiring permission to show. Which, if true, means some lawyer(s) and/or producer(s) went to some special lengths to make it happen, but for background costumes?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not NBC, CBS, which answers your question.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see the episode, but I think it's funny that Wil Wheaton has actually written some comic book stories recently. Star Trek comics, no less.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Not NBC, CBS, which answers your question.

That's what I initially thought, but my sister was certain otherwise.

So there's that, then. Isn't there somebody here who keeps meticulous watch on uniforms and costumes?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick's (Spike) website of uniform variations is still a going concern, although he's not seen here much since the Big Red Firefox Fiasco. And if it came down to identifying actual features on the uniforms, I do know people who could probably tell you for certain. But that'd mean me going into the uniforms sections of certain prop websites, and I don't do that lightly. Why? Well, remember that bit in Being John Malkovich when the man himself enters his own head? Well, it's like that, only with multiple Chief Argyles. The facial hair! The waistlines!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NBC is owned by Universal, if anyone cares...I just love how the new company name is...< echo > NBC UNIVERSAL! < / echo >
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I wouldn't be surpried if they trolled for geeks amongst the extras, and they brouhg ttheir own costumes. Those didn't look like show-quality, but close, and there are a lot of fen who do very good work. Not everyone settles for off-the-shelf crap. Plus other subtle cues...

--Jonah

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps