Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Files - Opionions, Speculation?($SPOILERS$$$$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: X-Files - Opionions, Speculation?($SPOILERS$$$$$)
Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you who haven't seen the recent season six episodes (or movie for that matter), SPOILERS AHEAD

I was just a little curious if there are any X-Files fans floating around the forums and what they thought of the most recent "mythology" episodes.

Personally, I thought they were excellent, quite neatly tying up many of the episodes in the past that always leave more questions than answers, but still leaving enough unanswered to carry the series through its next season.

But I am dissappointed that they killed off the syndicate members, all except Cancerman as far as I can tell (and perhaps a few others like Krychek that didn't make it to that pickup point). My favourite (besides Cancerman) was Well-Manicured man, and I was quite dissappointed he was killed in the movie.

But now what? Is the project dead? I don't think so. I think that somebody is going to fight the aliens, and in the end, Cancerman will be exposed or killed (permamently this time). Any one have any ideas, thoughts, opinions?

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What timing, i guess your talking about Two Fathers, and One Son - the new video - just came out, here in Australia on Friday - I just watched it - all I can say is that my mind was blown away - totally...

everything - nearly was tied up...

REALLY guys, if you haven't seen these two episodes - or probably the last half of season 5 and the movie AVERT YOUR EYES.

I feel we needed these episodes, to get a hold on the whole feel of the series, it sorta put everything into place, and allows us now to look at the bigger picture, and it becomes more epic, and exciting now, who is going to fight the future?

Andrew

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sturghold wasn't there either. Curious.

------------------
"I'll turn everything around and confuse you. I'll fix it so you can't remember what was true."
--
They Might Be Giants

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've missed the last few eps. I heard the show has been renewed for next season.

------------------
Here I Come To Save The Day : Mighty Mouse

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still hoping that Cancer man is Mulder's real father

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they won't do that. Much as the irony of Mulder & Spender turning out to be brothers would appeal to me, I don't think they are. But I think it's already been established that Samantha is CSM's daughter.

So why does CSM cut Mulder so much slack? Maybe at one time he thought he was his father, but I thyink he must know otherwise by now. Maybe he protects Mulder out of love for his mother - after all, he took one of her children away, he knows he can't take the other.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He may also feel a more direct parental link towards Mulder, having guided him from behind the scenes for so many years.

Though I have a thought. In the movie, when Mulder was shot, I don't think the gunman was trying to miss. This suggests that Mulder's former immunity is now gone.

------------------
"I'll turn everything around and confuse you. I'll fix it so you can't remember what was true."
--
They Might Be Giants

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but that was just a goon. You don't think they expected Scully to have a bee in her hair, do you? They were just the duty shift, they responded to the call that someone was about to be alien-nastified, and lo and behold it's one of that pair of pesky Feds. Other Fed causes ruction, so they shoot him.

I bet he had fun filing his report: "oh, I had to shoot some guy named Mulder. Could you put that out please, I have asthma." "That won't be a problem for you anymore, belive me. . ." 8)

------------------
Space Corps Directive #723: Terraformers are expressly forbidden from recreating Swindon.

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There may be another reason why Cancer man was protecting Mulder. It was established a while ago that CM and Mulder's father were friends (or at least close associates) during their common time with The Project. During one of their meetings (before Bill Mulder was shot and killed) Bill Mulder says something like (my memory is a little foggy here) "he won't get hurt?" (referring to Fox) and Cancerman says "I've protected him this far". So Cancerman may have been protecting Fox Mulder out of some kind of favour to Bill Mulder. I think he also saw some great potential in Fox (don't forget Cancerman asked him to come work for the project at one point).

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
The First One
Member # 35

Well, yes. That much has been established. But CSM is more complex than that. . . for a long time he was painted as a sad bastard with no life. Then suddenly he has a family that he virtually abandoned for some reason. Remember the flashback episode which revealed that he shot JFK? He and Bill Mulder are seen initially at some sort of army base where one of them reveals he's just had a son. I think it was Bill, since unless Agent Spender has an older brother he'd be too young (and Fox's DOB is c. 1963). There wasn't any undercurrent there that suggested CSM might be the father.

Of course, these flashbacks are notoriously unreliable. Consider the ep (I need an ep guide, I can never remember what they're called) which featured BM & CSM (well, not concretely, but it's implied heavily it's them) helping to salvage acrashed ship from the bottom of the ocean, which also introduced the black oil. This was allegedly in the 40's - but there's no way either of them is that old!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samanatha was Bill Mulders daughter - hence his mother being upset at having to choose between the two...

also, reguards the JFK and CSM - or CGB Spender to you - - that WAS a recount by Froehiki SP?

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

"Memoirs of a Cigarette Smoking Man" is the episode we're talking about. It is notoriously unreliable, probably for the reason Andrew mentioned.

The only person with a more convoluted history is Garak, but I get the impression these people like it that way.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Musings, not Memoirs, actually.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Motormaster: "Megatron's in trouble!"
Dead End: "Who cares?"
Wildrider: "It looks like Starscream's defeated him!"
Dead End: "So?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Silly M-words. But that is correct.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First One, the 1940's flashback of the submarine survivor being interviewed by two government spooks actually used the name "Mulder."

The "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man" episode may have been only a 'what-if' based on flawed Lone Gunmen research, but there was that one gun-point encounter in an earlier episode between Fox Mulder and CSM when CSM taunted FM by saying---"I've watched Presidents die."

BTW: why did they change Daddy Spender's title to Cigarette Smoking Man from the much more sinister Cancer Man? I like the CM name better.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps