Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Files - Opionions, Speculation?($SPOILERS$$$$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: X-Files - Opionions, Speculation?($SPOILERS$$$$$)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on who's talking. He's generally credited as "Cigarette Smoking Man." Mulder calls him "Cancer Man." Or at least he used to. Now we can just call him CGB, I guess.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I heard a while ago that there were rumblings (possibly from the Fox legal department)about possible liabilities due to calling a character that smokes all of the time "cancer man", so they changed it to csm or just "smoking man". Don't know if that's actually true or not, but its the only explanation I've heard.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we did find out from that Cloned man alien, that CGB was suffering from lung cancer, or would, until he cured CGB

did anyone think CBG (i.e. Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons when you saw CGB?)

Go, Go for the good of the city...

Andrew.

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say that actually a good stereotype. :�

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once heard someone mention that CGB could stand for "Cigarette Guy in Black"...

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"
-Terry Gilliam, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! X-files was my fave prog for a while. I haven't been able to watch it regularly for over a year (heck! not even irregularly!) This is really helping me catch up on what I missed!

Thanks, guys! Spoil s'more!

--Baloo

------------------
WARNING:
This Product Warps Space and Time in Its Vicinity.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why haven't you been able to watch it? Or are there TC stations that treat The X-Files like DS9?

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a matter of fact, CGB are my initials This could indicate something quite profound.....but is most likely just a coincidence.

I am wondering right now if (or when) they will bring Gibson back into the show. We last saw him trapped in that nuclear power plant with the alien, but didn't find out what happened to either of them.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.