Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Serenity Graphic Novel: Better Days $$$

Author Topic: Serenity Graphic Novel: Better Days $$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up the first two issues at a comic store last weekend. Anyone read them?

I wouldn't say we're getting a lot of new information. It's basically an episode or two on paper. And I'm having a hard time figuring out where it's supposed to fit within the series. I'm leaning towards somewhere in the middle where Inara's developed feelings for Mal, but they haven't gotten her close to wanting to leave yet. I'll be interested in seeing how it ends and whether there are any references to the series (or references in the series to events in the comic).

The tooth-pulling torture scene is still in my head...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm gonna wait for the combined version like they did with Those Left Behind.

I haven't read or subscribed to comics in almost 20 years, but if there was a full-on constant-run Firefly/Serenity comic all the time, that I would buy, especially if it was all as canonical as these short sets.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wait for the trades, myself, but I hadn't realized this had started publishing at all yet.

(Not to be, like, OHMANLET'S BE NERD PALS???!2, but, Shik, presumably you are aware of the Buffy comic?)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of it, but I don't watch or really even like Buffy. Vampires do nothing for me. In fact, they're rather a turn-off.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't they set it up to be, like, the next season of Buffy? The show got cancelled, so they just kept it going as a comic?

I wonder if the actors get likeness royalties for that...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they've been doing Buffy (and Angel) comics for a while, now. But, last year, they did start up a new line of Buffy comics which are meant to be the eighth season of the show.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps