Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x07 Guess What's Coming To Dinner $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x07 Guess What's Coming To Dinner $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but it seems like just last episode she wasn't old enough to walk, let alone speak.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's what I meant. After the "one year later" she was still tiny and wraped up like a few month old baby. Not long ago she was still very newborn-like, now all of a sudden it's as if the writers realised she's about 18 months old now. Hence sudden growth spurt.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was she even seen last episode? I can't remember... You may be confusing Hera and Nicholas...?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think we'd seen Hera for a while.

Plus, she was this size running in the corridors of the Opera House the last time the vision was scene, and that was last season.

It's hard for me to keep up with how much time is passing. Are we keeping up with the general rule of one season = one year?

Wiki says she was born approx. 9 months after the Cylon attack and that now she's about 2 years old. That might be about right.

Finally watched it last night after work. I loved the opening with the arrival of the Basestar. Question - Who sabotaged the Basestar's com system?

I knew the Basestar would jump the moment the President said "plug it in." That was the last command when it was unplugged.

Could Gaeta have gotten better care on the Basestar before they returned to the fleet? True, they are machines and the ship was heavily damaged but I would have thought it could have better medical facilities than the sewage ship.

My question still remains: who is Kara the harbinger of death for? Humans? Cylons? The mission is to go destroy the resurrection hub.

Tigh never struck me as overly spiritual either but it was funny watching him try anything he could to NOT unbox the 3s and have them reveal that he (and the others) are Cylons. Looks like this will be revealed in two weeks.

Yes, I was confused by the end too. The President told Starbuck to find Sharon (at least that is what it sounded like). Next thing we know she's leaving for the baseship without Athena.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, she asked for "Lt. Agathon." =Helo.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think the comm system was sabotaged. I was sure Athena said it was "blown," and I thought she implied it had to do with the jump and the basestar's damage and the syncing of the Ratpor's sysops. Or maybe I just assumed all that.

I sort of doubt the Cylons have better medical facilities. Their doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with Hera, after all, and I was pretty surprised to hear they even *had* doctors - why not just take a sick Cylon, shoot them in the head, and wait for the download? In any case I'm sure Gaeta wouldn't have trusted them to help him, or even if he did, would've refused their help out of principle. So would most of the Demetrius' crew, I'm sure.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone ever straighten Tigh out as to who shot Gaeta?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey wait, isn't Helo a captain now? (Yes, he is.) Sharon's the lieutenant. So Herb was right.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why was Helo walking with Roslin? Or am I not remembering things clearly?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're remembering it clearly. I think the president was referring to Helo, too. But either someone got his rank wrong in the dialogue (actress, character, or writers), or he got demoted somewhere and we didn't hear about it.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Similarly I'd expect Tigh got informed about Anders capping Gaeta off-screen. I don't think it's really something that needs to be shown. If it makes you feel any better:

Tigh: "So, again, since I frakkin haven't been answered yet, which one of those frakkin Toasters frakkin shot Gaeta?"

Thrace: "My frakkin sort-of husband did it because there was a frakkin mutiny."

Tigh: "What the frak!?"

finis

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Roslin asked for Captain Agathon.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re Cylon medicine: while "death" (as opposed to Death) is no big deal for them, we do know it can be profoundly unpleasant. Cottle was treating Cylons on New Caprica, and we didn't see any Cylon medics there, but he could just have been closer to those particular injuries. Anyway, the Cylons obviously have some crazy good bioengineering skills, which might or might not translate into being able to grow Gaeta a new leg or, I don't know, attach a Centurion's or something. At this point in the series, I'm not so sure Gaeta would automatically say no, were the option presented. (I think he probably would say no, but it would be interesting.)

re medical issues the Cylons are unable to resolve despite their advancements: reproduction. (Though perhaps that's a block in their programming?)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess Kara Thrace being the Harbinger of Death may refer to her destroying the resurrection hub, thus giving the gift of Death to the Cylons.

Am I beginning to quote the First Hybrid every week now? I don't know, but he seems to know the whole of Season Four. I think it's quite awesome that what sounded like prophetic nonsense at the time actually seems to be quite true to the story so far:

quote:
At last, they’ve come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of one splintering into many. And then, they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning.
The "four awakening" are obviously the Penultimate Four. "He will find her" probably refers to Leoben finding Kara Thrace. Now.. the "howl of terrible suffering" might point a finger towards Gaeta being the Final Cylon... but make of it what you will... I bet the "angel" is Kara Thrace.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps