Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate Continuum $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stargate Continuum $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but...er...it was the Ark that wrapped up the story arc so, I'm right and you're wrong and I'm going back in time to erase you, so there!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did like that Baal's master plan for galactic domination involved, among other things, being less of a big jerk. (Or at least less obvious about it.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah- that was refreshing: rather than just crushing everyone with future knowledge, he decides to give everyone what they want and get them to serve willingly.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There is a god standing here with wet hands!"

I think it's safe to say he was still a big jerk.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hey, I mopped the spill on my coffee table with my room-mate's cat: Baal is not so bad, in retrospect.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My roommate once mopped up a spill with one of my expensive sweaters.

That line, though, was really funny.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Baal was being less of a jerk because he was promising the Jaffa their freedom. He simply knew that the rebellion would inevitably come, and so used it to his advantage. He had no intention of fulfilling said promise of freedom, though, I'm sure.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Oh, I dont know- The Jaffa would never be truly free in any case- as they requite symbiotes- and Baal could have whipped up his own Kull warriors eventually to keep the system lords in line.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's something I've always wondered about in general... in the main timeline, are the Jaffa presumably still relying on symbiotes? Is there some kind of new ritual where they slaughter the newly-matured symbiote when it emerges? For that matter, are there Goa'uld queens even still breeding more baby Goa'uld?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

They all use the Tritonin, I think- no clue how they get it though.
Asgard replication tech on the ships can make it, but obviously not in crazy mass quantities.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they/the SGC/Asgard/some combination thereof managed to synthesize it, or create a group of Goa'uld queens with no consciousness to use as a 'cow' to make more (something the Asgard knowledge would help out with immensely). I like the idea of the ritual slaughter, but they'd need queens to make more symbiotes anyway, so why not just suck tretonin out of them?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

That idea, that there is a fresh supply of tretonin sure saves the asses of the whole planet o' Tretonin takin healthy bastards.
No, I cant recall their names- I think of them as "Planet with nice military guy dressed like a Nazi".
Sounds more memorable than P2357

You'd think that some terminally ill people on earth could benifit from Tretonin- people with Cancer or AIDS, but nooooooo: we gotta keep the stargate a biiig secret.
One day, heads will roll for that.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I've thought the same ever since Jacob's life was saved by Selmak. Or any time someone gets a grievous injury or horrible disease and Dr. Carson or Dr. Keller just happily says "Let's get you under a scanner."
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got around to seeing this, and I just have one big question: Was the Ba'al that they extracted the Goa'Uld from a clone, and the original was shot by Mitchell in 1939? That's my take on it, and my wife seems to agree, but it's just a bit confusing. Time travel makes my head hurt.

But overall, I liked the movie, even more than "Ark of Truth". It was kinda cool seeing F-15s take on Death Gliders! I'd always wanted to see that in the series, but we got F-302s instead.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap. Got another question. So what did the time-traveling Ba'al do with the Ba'al from that time period? I assume he just killed... himself, and replaced, er, himself.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps