Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Colonial Navy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Colonial Navy
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll assume they were terraformed and that the Kobolians had massively better tech than the Colonials...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Space Pentagon + Space Defense Industry Lobbyists.

Also, it's just said that the original batch of battlestars were each named after one of the Twelve Colonies. No reason to assume there wasn't a sizable fleet already in existence, pre-Galactica-type battlestar.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly my point - whyfor howcome so many big ships? I didn't know they had previously fought amongst themselves.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in a universe where they fling nuke's at each other like cherry bombs, I think it's safe to say that they would want a fleet that could take 1 or 2 before it goes under. How many has Galactica took? 2-3 nukes? And she's an older model Battlestar so that's saying something IMHO

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yes, but my question was about who was doing the flinging prior to the invention of the Cylons and their subsequent rebellion. I thought the Colonies were unified, so I was wondering if there was some alien species out there they were shooting at.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My impression is the Colonies only unified in the face of the first Cylon war. They had to unify to defeat the Cylon rebellion.

After the first Cylon war they kept their fleets around in case the Cylons returned.

But it's a good question. We see in our own military the mindset of mothballing and cutting ship productions/troops because of cost-cutting. And this is on a planet that is far from unified.

So why then in the 40 years (or more) since unification hasn't their been any large scale cut-backs and mothballing in the Colonial Fleet?

Or, maybe there was. Galactica was being mothballed/turned into a museum.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, we really don't know how the size of the Colonial fleets now compared to during the first Cylon war.

And yes, Daniel, it's been repeatedly said that they were not unified, and were fighting each other. And RDM has specifically said there were to be no aliens in this version. Besides, I think EJO said he'd walk off if there were.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yeah I dunno who EJO is [Wink]
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edward James Olmos, aka Bill Adama
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Right. Him. I'm not good at guessing acronyms, I guess...
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Then how exactly do you survive around here? Geeks like us thrive on acronyms!

TOS TNG DS9 VOY ENT TMP TPTB BSG ANH ESB ROTJ POTC B5 IATVMOAMMG etc.....

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

*feels inadequate as a man* IATVMOAMMG....I am the very model of a.....male-male gangbang?? ...Strange, that that should be the first thing that comes to mind...
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you flashback much Dan? [Razz]

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern Major General

I've information vegetable, animal and mineral...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and that's when I shot him Your Honour.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.