Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Gargoyles

Author Topic: Gargoyles
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured it'd be wise to start a new thread here, seeing as where we started a discussion elsewhere... Anyways, my question once again:

What's Goliath's clone's name? It's driving me nuts.

------------------
"Waaawhooo! Lookie here ma, I caught me a lightnin' bug!"
-Jetstorm

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thailog.

BTW, I just noticed this thread, and I think Gargoyles rocked. Nice place for Frakes, Sirtis and Dorn to hide out after TNG.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*whacks self in head several hundred times* How could I be so stupid and forget that! Nathan was right. It was Goliath backwards.. And yes, Gargoyles rocked. I really liked the Shakespeare tie-ins.

------------------
-Jetstorm

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Brent Spiner as Puck. And Kate Mulgrew as Titania. And Nichelle Nichols as Elisa's mother. And Colm Meaney was in an episode, I believe.

------------------
"Stop right there! I have here the only working phaser ever built! It was fired only once: to keep William Shatner from making another album."

- The Collector, "Treehouse of Horror X," The Simpsons.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes. Colm Meaney was in the ep with the Banshee in Scotland.... And that kid was actually the reincatnation of some great Scottish warrior...

------------------
-Jetstorm

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not forget Michael Dorn as Coldstone and Taurus (well, the sherrif in New Olympia) and Avery Brooks as that alien from Easter Island.

And although he's not from Trek, Keith David (Goliath) has one of the best voice ever in a cartoon series.

By the way, was that John Rhys-Davies as Macbeth ? I can't remember...

------------------
-If you ask me, I think continuity is highly overrated...
*Brannon Braga*

-Where were you when the brains were handed out?
*Sonic the Hedgehog*

[This message has been edited by TerraZ (edited November 29, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

It was indeed John Rhys-Davies.
TerraZ
Ex-Member

Fabrux: Following up on the thread in General Discussion, the "Avalon World Tour" was part of the original Gargoyles series and was located in the middle of the 2nd season. "The Gargoyles Chronicles" was a third season produced by a different crew for ABC by Buena Vista. The animation wasn't as good except for one epi or two and the stories, except the first one that was written by the original producer (I think it was Greg Wiseman but I'm not sure. Suffice it he's solely responsible for the whole Gargoyles plotline).

*Warning! Spoilers of The Gargoyles Chronicles (just in case...)*

They always began with a voice-over by Goliath it's morale time!) and for the twenty epi or so, almost all of them had the Quarrymen as enemies (a group of fanatics who want to destroy Gargoyles in their sleep by smashing them with electrified hammers). They were led by John Canover (from "Hunter's Moon") now renamed John Casatway. They did bring back a few popular villains like Demona, Proteus and the Pack but like I said, the stories weren't very good and there wasn't any real continuity like the original.

We got to meet the Illuminati (wow, 6 people around a table discussing the selling of weapons... Real scary!), we saw the deaths of the Clones and by the last epi the Gargoyles had suddenly earn full acceptance within society.

------------------
*Brannon Braga*

*Sonic the Hedgehog*

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Comes out of self-imposed exam exile to send the Blue Canary to the great aviary in the sky*

Colm Meaney played the father of the reincarnation of that great warrior from Irish mythology, Cucullainn.
I mean, the episode was called "The Hound Of Ulster", for Christ's sake. Part of Ulster (The 6 Counties) constitutes Northern Ireland, not flaming Scotland.

No offence to Monty or any other Scots (that might have sneaked in unnoticed) intended in the above rant, BTW.

GAH!! The Gargoyle Chronicles! When the hell did they happen! Last I recall was the Gargoyles having made peace (sort off) with Xanathos.

------------------
Devil: Oh look at the time! I'm late for services.
Stone: Services?
Devil: A group of young teenagers that have been celebrating the Black Sabbath are planning on deep-sixing their gym teacher tonight. I'm gonna go and give them a little encouragement.

Brimstone. May it rest in syndication.

TerraZ
Ex-Member

It appeared on ABC on Saturday morning the year after the end of the normal series. And they did stay with Xanatos who had become a very close friend to the gargoyles. I by the way, you didn't miss much. Just pretend the whole thing didn't happen...

------------------
*Brannon Braga*

*Sonic the Hedgehog*

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps