Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of cool stuff in last night's premiere:

- Cameron did some of her best Terminator work. The whole "call to him" thing. The limping on the damaged leg. Trying to trick him by faking emotions.

- A T-1000 showing up is pretty cool. Opens up alot of possibilities. I was wondering if that would happen. The little bit of CGI they used on her seemed spot on, though it was obvious they were trying to keep it short.

Seems as though the T-1000 isn't there for John and probably doesn't even know he's around yet. She seems to be there to ensure the creation of SkyNet. She's displaying alot more emotion and sentiment than the 1000 in T2 did... so maybe she's more advanced. Or just better at impersonating a human.

I found it difficult to believe that a shock from a digital clock could knock out a Terminator, but wedging her between the two trucks was cool.

I'm looking forward to this season.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know what the output of US power sockets, but over here they're 240v which is enough to kill someone. So from that perspective causing a restart shows how tough these things are, especially since they don't appear to have ANY insulation.

Maybe I'm thick, but I didn't see the T-1000 coming at all. I did wonder though why the corporate chick was dressed like a Bond villain though...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God she was a Terminator, I was thinking that a) I hate shows that start introducing mysterious tycoons with unknowable motives, and b) Shirley Manson isn't that good an actor.

I wonder if they'd consider bringing Robert Patrick back (even for a cameo as an alternate identity of the T-1000)? I wonder if he'd do it - no reason not to, really, he seems to have settled nicely in the role of character actor in both film and TV (the phrase "the new JT Walsh" comes to mind).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also it's good to know that Terminators can have accents other than Austrian ones. [Smile]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And American ones, yes?

As for Robert Patrick, if they ever do get him on the show, I think it'd be very interesting if they actually have him play a human, not another T-1000.
If for no other reason it'd be fun to see him encounter either John or Sarah and have them freak out thinking he's a T-1000.

Perhaps another resistance fighter or just someone involved with Skynet's development.
In T2 he had that form when he came through the time displacement bubble and didn't bother to mimic the cop he took out, so it's clearly a default form.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The T-1000s probably have model numbers like the regular endoskeleton models. So the Robert Patrick model could easily be a default. I'm guessing the one in the series took the place of someone though. Getting itself highly placed in an unscrupulous company with access to all kinds of tech resources seems a good way to help make sure SkyNet gets built.

And yes... having Robert Patrick show up as a software developer or something would be very cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I found it difficult to believe that a shock from a digital clock could knock out a Terminator

It was established last season that House currnet would make them reset.

quote:

but over here they're 240v which is enough to kill someone

120 volts. We can use 240 but you add an special outlet. We used it for an air conditioner for a long time. Used it for Machines in metal shop class.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

quote:
Originally posted by Kosh:
It was established last season that House currnet would make them reset.

That's true... they said the safe was hardwired into the building's electrical, didn't they?

As for the T's not being insulated, Arnie said something about a shock dampener in the cut scene from T2 when he's giving Sarah instructions on how to remove his chip.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I thought the shock dampener had more to do with physical shocks, not electrical. Besides since the slot the assembly slots into is metal, I can't see it stopping any current. Not much of a weakness though, I mean try applying 120DC to your computer's CPU and see how long THAT takes to reboot. [Wink]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why dont the resistance just fight Terminators with tasers?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Probably something to do with the 40watt phase plasma rifles they tend to carry. Though they've obviously managed to capture Terminators, so it's possible they're using booby traps to knock them out long enough to pull the cpu.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Ep 2:
So... is Cameron retarded now?

What's the deal all of a sudden with them saying the date when they call each other? Obviously it's a code to identify themselves to each other. But did I miss something? When did they start using it?

It's nice that time traveling fugitive resistance fighters can afford brand new Dodge trucks. Maybe Cameron has been playing alot of eight-ball.

So... if the power plant has been jacked up with future SkyNet bits, does that mean the resistance isn't using it in the future now? Or maybe stopping the bits from being installed will be part of an upcoming episode. Hole-in-his-chest guy did alot of writing afterall.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think Cameron still has a few corrupted sectors. Actually I rather suspect she's constantly overriding her skynet programming as an act of will. I doubt cleaning her chip would have made that much difference to her primary directive.

The money for nice cars and cell phones comes from the diamonds they took from Derek's safe...I think.

As for the phone thing, yeah, I think they just made that up on the spot. I wonder if they'll be able to remember to keep it up.

As for the power plant...always in motion is the future. For one thing Derek met a man in the future who he has since killed in the past. Paradox city.

I assume at some point we'll get to see who shot that resistance bloke in the future, right before he came through.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Her having to struggle with her conflicting directives would explain why she had to think about what to do. SkyNet's telling her help destroy the plant, the Resistance is telling her to obey Sarah.

I'll be a little disappointed if they find that Cameron has miraculously become self aware and is trying to fight her SkyNet programming. They've gone out of their way to tell us that she is a machine. Period. Now... they could address the read/write issue with the chip like in T2... in fact I'm surprised they haven't yet. It worked out pretty well with Uncle Bob... one wonders why they haven't switched her chip to write already.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I took it as a given she was set to 'write', hence the occasional resistance controlled Terminator "going bad". I have to disagree on her being portrayed as "just" a machine. She's certainly learning and is oddly curious about things not directly related to the mission.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps