Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we assume that old-jaded-Charles-Fisher originally went to prison for the same crime we see young-nerdy-Charles-Fisher being imprisoned for, it would explain a lot about how ojCF came to be how he is, a willing Skynet quisling. ynCF being how he was shown would likely be quite misanthropic after several years in a maximum security prison for something he didn't do. But this time there's a difference - if ynCF accepts what he saw/was told, then he might well suspect exactly how he's come to be comvicted of a crime he knows he didn't commit - because he knows his older self did it. So as far as the future timeline that Jessie comes from goes, all bets may be off there because ynCF has knowledge of future events that ojCF didn't first time around. The problem is though that meantime the one thing that Skynet required ojCF to do in the past has been done (and we could speculate endlessly about why he'd do them when he was home free - implants for dectruction or just tracking, perhaps even being threatened with Termination at some known, pin-pointable juncture of his past life...). The question is, were there further tasks that were required of him that now cannot be done?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Riley's from the future too...

Cromartie as an interface for John Henry? WTF? It seems as though the creation of Skynet is a recursive loop... Skynet tech has to be sent into the past for Skynet to develop... so how did it all get started?!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather have kept Riley out of the future group. Ellison is the only person in the right time.

I'm glad they kept Dillihunt!!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux:
quote:
so how did it all get started?!
It started with Cyberdyne systems independently and without future-help designing an AI entity that gets access to nation-wide US defense network and traffic, becomes self-aware and "decides our fate in a microsecond". The Terminators where originally never man-made but came later, somehow.
Terminator 3 pissed all over that by having fully functional baby-Hunter/Killers even before the AI takeover, fortunately "Sarah Connor Chronicles" has totally erased the timeline of T3.

Though in a way, I can see how there could be a conundrum with Skynet allegedly having created its death army itself, after the globocaust.
I mean, all Skynet really had at its disposal at the time of the takeover was the computer-controlled bombers mentioned in T1, and US-controlled ICBMs. How is it going to build factories, aerodynamic robot weapons and factories churning out killer droids by itself? It's software, it has no interface in the real world!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps eventually it figured out how to get access to other systems. Of course, nuking the planet isn't the best way to keep data lines available...

Or perhaps it used human slaves to do the initial work and get it plugged into enough that it could start exerting a physical influence.

I like whats going on with Derek's chick though. The idea that there are differences of opinion in the resistance and that people are trying to protect Conner in different ways is cool. Her suggestion that Cameron is influencing him in the future and will make it worse by forming a connection with him over the course of 20 years is neat. Maybe SkyNet figures if they can't kill him, they'll try to use him.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still reckon it comes down to a straight political power-struggle among the leaders of the Resistance. At least two people we know of, sent back in time to manipulate events just out of concern for John Connor's, well, soul? Hardly. The mere fact that "full disclosure" to Jessie doesn't mean including the fact that Riley is one of her moles means there's more to it.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of her other moles is on her lip. But that one's pretty obvious.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Fabrux: [QUOTE]
I mean, all Skynet really had at its disposal at the time of the takeover was the computer-controlled bombers mentioned in T1, and US-controlled ICBMs. How is it going to build factories, aerodynamic robot weapons and factories churning out killer droids by itself? It's software, it has no interface in the real world!

Ever read the book "Demon Seed"? Totally scary take on subliminal messaging. Skip the movie adaptation though.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wizartist 2:
quote:
Ever read the book "Demon Seed"?

Hmm no, but I may have seen the movie adaption, if it was called "Diimono Siideru" and there where lots of schoolgirls and blurred-out noodly appendages.

Thanks for book-tip there, I've been looking for something to read, got a long train trip coming up in a few weeks.

Lee:
quote:
How is it going to build factories, aerodynamic robot weapons and factories churning out killer droids by itself?
Um, how do you mean? "Factories, robot weapons and factories"? Aren't you being a bit redundant here? I'm not saying you're wrong, the Skynet narrative dilemma is a bit interesting, but that's a lot of factories.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to find the original 1973 issue. I think it was published under a pseudonym by Dean Koontz. Since then it has been rewritten and not for the better in my estimation.

The later release takes a totally different tack and does not seem to have the same impact that the original version did.

Published by Bantam - 1973

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Lee
Member # 393

Er, it was Nim repeatedly asking about factories, not me.

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Wha-I most certainly did not! It may look like I posted that, but perhaps Lee came by the admin passcodes and EDITED it so that I looked like the culprit.
Yes Lee, what are you hiding?

I'm looking forward to seeing what that strange big jet-engine looking thing was, that the Hunter/Killers were transporting in the Future-Derek episode. Or has that been made clear already?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...it was a jet engine. They used it to build their own time displacement equipment.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
Member # 205

What would a time-machine need with a jetengine? Does Skynet conduct wind-tunnel tests on new Terminator chassis, spraying fog on them and cutting off anything that protrudes from the body?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in a post apocalyptic wasteland it's going to be far more practical to adapt existing scavenged machinery (or what's left of it) to a new function than to try fabricating something from scratch. In the finished chamber there were several turbines and it think it's pretty obvious they're not there to generate thrust. Exactly what they're doing there hardly matters, since after all, time travel technology isn't real.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps