Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 3x09 Its Coming $$

Author Topic: $$ Heroes 3x09 Its Coming $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what, if I don't start the thread no one does? [Razz] Hehe.

So Elle tortures Sylar for killing her father, forgives him, forgives herself, and now has the hots for him?

Claire = catalyst of some sort... no wonder she gets all pissy and wants to kill everyone..

Parkman Can Do No Wrong

Young Hiro! Comic book store = store of all knowledge

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the end with the 5 on one side and 5 on the other. I wonder what that is all about.

Hiro and Ando in the middle.

I wonder when Claire or Flint find out that they are related?

And is Claire really the catalyst? I think it's the Solar Eclipse.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The direction and editing in the dream scenes was excellent, but I didn't make much of the Big storyline with Hiro.

At first I wasn't sure why Arthur had removed so much of Hiro's memory when the last few monthsworth should have sufficed, but if Arthur's aware that Claire's the catalyst then it could make sense somehow. Hiro was there when Kaito gave Claire/the Catalyst to Noah for safe keeping, so presumably he's one of only a limited number who know that that happened, with Linderman and Bob dead, Angela in a coma and most of the others who might've known having been killed by Adam last season.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah the dream sequences - they were great. Very much had a Twin Peaks feel to it. Or even the 'dream' episode from Buffy - "Restless".

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: Who keeps publishing Ninth Wonders?
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Question: Who keeps publishing Ninth Wonders?

Future Stan Lee..... [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Heheheh - I was wondering that. Was it conclusively shown that "Mr. Isaac" was the 'author' of 9th Wonders? Maybe he just had a SHIT load of pictures drawn/painted. Maybe they are all in some sort of Matrix? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's the thing. Isaac drew the supposed last issue of 9th Wonders all the way back in season 1. Yet since they've shown new issues. So I guess some other comic book drawer who can see the future has taken up the mantle?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well "African Mr. Isaac" painted in a similar style (obviously same artist used by the production people) but maybe the power is to paint in a similar fashion!?! [Big Grin]

Arthur Patrelli's painting looked to be a similar style.

Now who did he get that power off - The african guy or Peter, who got it from Isaac.

I thought African Mr. Isaac got his ability from that paste.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peter's painting style was different, and Sylar's was right fucked up.

--------------------

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, this show has gotten stupid. If it weren't for my insane love for Matt, I'd quit watching it.

Also, Tim Kring thinks we're all saps and dipshits.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

So people not digging the Heroes anymore?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Weird. I'm enjoying season 3 just as much as season 1 & 2... *shrug*

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like some of the ideas they have, I just wish there was more attention to detail. The episode where Hiro saw how past events all knitted together was a really interesting episode, but it was spoilt by poor continuity. I know that sounds like typical scifi nerd complaints, but there were quite big issues that either point to the writers not paying attention, or hoping that the audience haven't been.

For instance, when we were first introduced to Elle in season 2 we were lead to believe that she'd spent her entire life in the Company's facility and as a result had become a sociopath who tortured Peter for fun, as well as frying the Irish guy to a crisp.

Then in this recent episode we're meant to believe she actually had left the facility to go on a mission and had built up a pretty normal relationship with Sylar. Not only that, but rather than being a sadistic nutcase, she was actually the only person who thought giving Sylar a victim to kill was immoral.

There are ways to ractionalise it, but really it comes down to the writers treating us like idiots.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I also am liking season 3. I also agree that some things haven't been consistent.

Having said that, Survivor Gabon has been so awesome the last 4 weeks that I'm getting more excited waiting for each new Survivor than I have been over Heroes.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps