Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 4.5/Futurama/Watchmen

Author Topic: BSG 4.5/Futurama/Watchmen
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BSG Season 4.5 rumored on DVD April 21st, to coincide with CAPRICA.

THE COMPLETE SERIES will be released in July.

FOX might want Futurama back on the proverbial airwaves. Given the track record of the straight-to-DVD films, I don't know that I feel good about this.

There are THREE cuts of Watchmen. The theatrical cut is 156 minutes. A director's cut is 190. And a third cut, incorporating "Tales of the Black Freighter", is 205 minutes.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I haven't bothered with the Galactica season 4.0 set I think I'll wait for the whole thing.
Assuming Watchmen isn't a steaming pile (still possible, but decreasingly so) I'll go in for the ultra-long version.

As for Futurama, I think the DVDs have been at least on par with the series (the first is still my favourite) so I'd be happy to see the show back on TV!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Babaloo
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for Babaloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Futurama will live on forever
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 156 min cut isn't that bad to sit through, although my friend who read the comic thought it wasn't as bloody as he expected it to be.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But was it faithful to the comic?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this is a bit of a general SF TV thread, is anyone still watching Terminator? I really don't see it lasting. Recent episodes featuring Sarah Connor turning up at a UFO convention and within five minutes meeting the exact person to tell her everything she needs to know, or the whole Scooby Gang lurking around the aftermath of a small-town disaster without any trouble at all, have stretched credibility beyond breaking point.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Terminator is getting bit too much for me. Last nights episode was total 'huh?' moment.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps