Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Galaxy Quest retrospective

Author Topic: Galaxy Quest retrospective
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today (Sunday, 12 December 1999) I saw a half-hour promo for the new "Galaxy Quest" movie--- what made this different from the usual 'This is the greatest movie ever made!' hype was that the whole thing was a gag:

Instead of a behind the scenes making of the movie thing, it was a documentary about the beloved Galaxy Quest TV show (1979-1982) complete with in-depth interviews with all the stars and the creator of the show: originally a Western {West Quest}, it was changed to a Navy setting and then to a space setting---based on budget constraints.

this was such a send-up of Star Trek, made all the funnier by me seeing a 15-minute piece about hardcore Trekkies on the Arts&Entertainment channel about an hour later!

p.s. the movie might be crap; I don't know, but the way that they pretend to take GQ seriously struck me as damn funny, a la "This is Spinal Tap."

------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie might be fun, if not too close for comfort. They have an interesting website (http://www.galaxyquest.com/galaxyquest/) which is supposedly a fan page for the actual TV show. It's got typos and inoperative links and everything.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

giskard
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like Galaxt Quest, I found another "fan site" It seams to have mostly the same info as the site above, but with more pictures and a more in depth look at the characters. it is at http://www.fsf.com.au/galaxyquest
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps