Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Worst movies ever? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Worst movies ever?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
Wing Commander - Oh shit. This movie killed Wing Commander for me.

Wing Commander 3 had Mark Hamill, the movie had Freddy Prinze Jr. That makes me sad.

Lord knows how much I agree with you here. I played Wing Commander to death and that movie completely ruined the entire franchise. Ahh the things I would do to play WC3 again... That and X-Wing vs TIE Fighter.
I actually liked Wing Commander, in a slightly naff b-movie kind of way. However I should probably point out that I've never played any of the old games, so I don't have a clue where the movie diverged from the source material, or indeed where it didn't. I mostly liked it fo being just about the only "space fighter" movie I'd seen since 'The Last Starfighter', which was at about the same quality level, if not less.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well last night Showgirls was on. Another piece of shit with the girl from Saved by the Bell. Though amazingly seeing the theater version isn't experiencing the entire awfulness. The edited-for-TV version actually takes arguably one of the worst movies ever made and succeeds in making even worse. Since they can't show all that nudity, they have this awful effect that superimposes clothing over characters' bodies. It looks like shit.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a way Wing Commander tries to be like the games, as there's one fighter recognizable from the WC3, and the Kilrathi look half decent. The whole mystic space-child garbage was made up to flesh out a character played by a guy who looks like a chimp when he's all dressed up to look like a fighter pilot. In fact I'd put money down that this movie would have been better if they had cast chimps, at least then some of the laughs would have been genuine.

And you really missed out if you haven't played the old Wing Commander games, playing them now would probably be graphically painful. Right now I'm playing X3: Reunion when I feel like space sims, but the learning curve for it is not so much a curve as it a vertical cliff. This game is immense and so delightfully random that one little mistake and the dinky fighter you're flying gets splattered across the bow of a carrier that just entered the system. The upside is that if you have the money you can fly the carrier that does the splattering and it is oh so fun.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recent movies ... Speed Racer. I thought I was gonna have an epileptic seizure watching it. I remember most of the promos making sure we knew it was from creators of The Matrix. They also did V for Vendetta which went unmentioned.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Basic Instinct on one of the American networks, TBS I believe - it was so heavily edited for television it made no sense whatsoever, not that it was a very cohesive film to begin with.

Speaking of TV edits, Die Hard 2 is hilariously poorly done with someone else voicing Bruce Willis on certain lines.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Showgirls edited is crap. Who wants to see Elizabeth Berkely poledance with digitally inserted black panties and bra and lick it like there's no tomorrow? The X-rated version with all the gratuitous nudity and sex makes it a wonderful drinking game.

I actually hated Speed Racer myself along with Transformers 1 and 2. My god, it's a long CGI trailer.

I also hated Scoop. I guess I was too fond of Match Point which came out before this.

I also hated the Lost In Space movie with Matt LeBlanc.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
-Dragonlance Chronicles (the naimated movie- it'll kill your inner child)

I was going to borrow this off of a friend. Not a good idea to do that then? [Frown]

Why can't they make a live action movie out of it - or even a gritty TV drama!?!

Borrow it!
Holy shit, I need someone else to see the horror of it!

*shakes head and backs away* [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Avengers. The one with Sean Connery and Uma Thurman. I still have absolutely no idea what was going on and I can't bring myself to watch it again to try and figure it out. Connery must've been hoping for a love scene with Uma or something. Either that, or he was broke and needed the cash.

Jumper. Anakin Skywalker is somehow part of this centuries-old group of super-beings who are being hunted by another centuries-old group of super-being-hunters. No backstory on anyone. We're just supposed to accept the fact it's cool and deep because they're been fighting each other for centuries. And then his mom shows up to set up the (what will surely be direct to dvd) sequel. Gag.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now see I didn't watch either of those because they just looked crap. Same goes for Speed Racer and so far I don't get the impression that I've missed out on anything...except maybe Eddie Izzard's big screen debut.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got you all beat.

Compare Kenshiro (of Hokuto No Ken/Fist of the North Star), the only main protagonist in television history that is powerful enough to not just kill his opponent but proceed to transcend metaphysics and kill the fight itself.
You don't challenge a thing like that, you bask in it, especially if being on the receiving end.

Compare this with Kenshiro of the corresponding 1995 live-action production, which would be my entry in this thread.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but then there were these Two Gems.

I want to learn how to lightly tap people on the chest and cause their head to explode.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Kevin Costner movies are shit- try watching Dragonfly sometime: you'll wish it was you that died.

For an awful movie...
The Ninth Gate- a movie that literally just stops right when the story is finally set up.
Probbaly the very worst thing Jonny Depp has ever done.
Far far worse than babyface.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All Kevin Costner movies are shit- try watching Dragonfly sometime: you'll wish it was you that died.

I actually thought "No Way Out" was a pretty good movie.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Not to mention 'Dances with Wolves', 'Waterworld', 'Open Range', 'Mr. Brooks' and yes, I even liked 'The Postman'.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
quote:

I actually thought "No Way Out" was a pretty good movie.
Okay, yes, it was, but consider that it took the entirety of Costner's range to pull it oof.
In No Way Out he's this disciplined military man- in things like DRagonfly he's just semi-autistic.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps