Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Bicentennial Man ($$$)

Author Topic: Bicentennial Man ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it yesterday, and I must say it was an excellent movie. An extremely sad movie, though.

Further, I must state that annoying Pepsi girl actually did a nice job in this movie.

------------------
"We exist in a boundless time continuum. There is no weekend!"

- Zorak, "Hungry," Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annoying Pepsi girl?

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, really, she was okay.

$$$$
$$$
$$
$

(Her character dies, anyway)

I saw this movie. I will own the video, I liked it that much.

I haven't seen such good anthropomorphism since The Iron Giant, another movie which has made my 'First's Fave's' list.

Well done.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved it. Even though the last hour was completely different from the book, it was still great, which is an extreme rarity. Up there with "The Matrix" as one of the best movies of the year.

------------------
"Arthur hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realised there was a contradiction there and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved it. Even though the last hour was completely different from the book, it was still great, which is an extreme rarity. Up there with "The Matrix" as one of the best movies of the year.

------------------
"Arthur hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realised there was a contradiction there and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, too. Although I doubt we'd have those robots by 2005. :� I thought the elder daughter was too 1-dimensional; children don't usually turn rebel 'til they become teenagers. I thought Iron Giant was a great movie, too, but I don't understand what's so great about being human. I wanna be an android.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*crowns Tora*

That was the first post of the millennium (at least on the forum's clock)

Oh, and we're apparently fully Y2K compliant, in case anyone hasn't noticed...Not that we doubted CC's abilities, or anything

------------------
The_Tom,
Special Millennium Edition

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As has been pointed out many, many times, the new millenium isn't until 2001. However, it was the first post of the 2000s.

------------------
"We exist in a boundless time continuum. There is no weekend!"

- Zorak, "Hungry," Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, no matter how many times it's pointed out, it doesn't alter the fact that no-one gives a fuck about it not being the millenium. The BBC says it is, then it is.

I wasn't sure about going to see the Iron Giant after hearing how different it was from the book. I take it that they've done a good job though?

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps