Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Descent, anyone?

Author Topic: Descent, anyone?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if anyone has ever played (or even heard of) any of the incarnations of Descent. At last check there are: Descent, Descent II, Descent to Undermountain, Descent II: Vertigo Series, and Descent�. Just today I bought Descent: The Definitive Collection, which includes Descent, Descent II, Descent: Levels of the World, Descent II: Vertigo Series, and Descent Mission Builder 2. Also included was a demo for Descent�, which I am elated to say that I can play (previous computers didn't have a 3D accelerated video card). I played level one of Descent, beat it, then played level one of Descent II, and beat it. Then I played level one of Descent�, and got my @$$ kicked.

------------------
I'm blue, da ba dee, da ba dai, da ba dee, da ba dai

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Descent II, but haven't played it in a while.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"My son and I have this wonderful kind of rivalry. Since I've taken over the Mac department in our home, he's seen fit to take over the PC. I have a routine I do for him, walking down the hall, bumping into walls, doing corkscrews and stumbling. I tell him I'm a Windows operating system." - John de Lancie

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I got a copy of Descent3 with my sound card (SBLive X-Gamer), surprisingly it was not a demo and was actually a full version...so I'm playing it now

Oh and don't feel too bad, its a pretty hard game.
------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited December 29, 1999).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might also be due to the fact that my mouse wasn't working with it, and I had already played the D1 level several times, but I actually played the D2: VS level 1, so it was a little more challenging (actually, I used the invulnerability code ). I hope to buy D� sometime... It's at my brother's work, and he can get it at 15% off (no taxes!).

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"My son and I have this wonderful kind of rivalry. Since I've taken over the Mac department in our home, he's seen fit to take over the PC. I have a routine I do for him, walking down the hall, bumping into walls, doing corkscrews and stumbling. I tell him I'm a Windows operating system." - John de Lancie

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never got into descent, I always got lost in the 3d madness, I couldnt' read the maps. oh well. give me Doom anyday!!

anyone remember rise of the triad? great multiplayer

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps