Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 1x09 "Life" $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ SGU 1x09 "Life" $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Greer first walked into that room and saw the chair, was I the only one that was thinking control chair?

Also, say hello to the ship's slut...

"Bad day" [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I thought control chair too. I guess the Ancients liked centrally placed chairs... a lot? They also seemed to like scattered furniature.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also thought control chair. I wonder what made them jump to the conclusion of a memory downloader or whatever the hell they call it. Because a control chair also has to have a neural interface, since the person sitting in it just thinks of what to do.

I must back off (slightly) on my judgment of Telford being a jackass for going to see Young's wife. But Young isn't winning himself many friends; I can just imagine what O'Neill will do once he hears about the incident.

And ship's slut, indeed. I've been thinking that for weeks already.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? This is the first time we've seen her sleeping around... Sure, we've seen Chloe with Lt Scott but this is another girl... um, I forget her name...*checks Gateworld*...Lisa Park. The geologist! Gah, I should've remembered that. [Razz]

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I was thinking of Scott himself. [Wink] I guess "stud" would be a better word?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, there's that.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was... something. I think I liked the part where Young beat up Telford using someone else's body.

My first thought was that it was a control chair. And then later, that it might be some form of extraction/punishment chair. Was pretty sure Naquadriah was not naturally occurring. Connecting to the gate-laying ships seems like it'd be a pretty huge accomplishment, and worthy of a great deal more fanfare. In fact a lot of the scientific accomplishments seem to be met with universal "meh." Scott is, granted, super- hot. But he's so earnest and doesn't come across as the player type. I can't imagine him being able to keep mum around Chloe as she's picking out the dinnerware. Especially given the pregnancy in his past.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

She already knows... That's how Eli found out, remember?

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, sorry. I meant that she doesn't know he's boinking half the ship. The fatherhood thing really just makes for a net increase in his sexiness.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

I dunno, with all the sex we've seen, I'm expecting someone on the ship to get knocked up before too long. How's that for "character development"? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, didn't you know that that funky venom had the side effect of making everyone sterile? [Wink]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pregnancy actually might be a serious and valid concern. I don't imagine they took many contraceptives with them when they left Icarus.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Come to think of it, I just remembered that Alaina Huffman is pregnant. Stargate wiki says there's no word if that's going to be incorporated into the series plot. But I wouldn't be surprised.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's the case then you can bet it's Young's kid and they'll be needing to bodyswap a trained midwife in there for the delivery and of course glitch midway through leaving someone (I'm gonna say Chloe) while a whole new perspective of T.J.
Oh the drama.

Seriously though, I wonder how they'll incorporate giving the actress her maternity leave. It's not as if the character can go off on another assignment for a while like, they did with Tapping.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Maybe they'll find a stasis chamber in one of the unexplored parts of the ship. [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps