Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$$ SGU 1x10 "Justice" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$ SGU 1x10 "Justice"
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Rush got marooned, and Young is lying about it. And ironically, Young is probably doing it for the EXACT reasons that he was accused of killing Spencer.

We haven't seen the last of Rush, of course. My bet: that's not an unknown alien ship; it's actually one of the gate-seeder ships. Since those ships most likely predate the Destiny itself, that's why they couldn't recognize it. And so Rush is going to get inside the ship, find a trove of unused Stargates, and find a way to 'gate back to Destiny.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except, there's already a perfectly usable gate on the planet. He doesn't need more gates. The problem is that the ship is out of range. Either he needs more energy to create a longer wormhole (hopefully, the ship would be with eight-chevron distances?), or he needs to get the crashed ship flying and catch up.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My money is on his flying the ship out of there. It looked intact enough, just completely out of juice. Perhaps there's enough juice still in the stargate to recharge it?

As for it being a seedership; frankly I doubt it. Somehow I think those things are much bigger than that, if not bigger than Destiny itself.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or he needs to gate to a planet in range of Destiny.

And of course, the obligatory question: Did Destiny itself consider the discovery of the ship important enough to warrant a stop?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well at the end, Rush looks up in the direction of the ship, like maybe he's seeing something that wasn't there before. Maybe the ship is occupied?

Also, I also wonder if Destiny did stop at the planet for some reason other than a crashed ship being there.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott said Greer couldn't have killed Spencer because "What? He...shot him, then ran away to hide the gun, then [said in a tone of disbelief as if the idea is crazy] *ran back and called it in*?"

Uh...yeah? Sure? Why is that not a totally valid plan that would probably work, especially since (as the *next line out of Scott's mouth* points out) there'd be no evidence linking him to the crime?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have I ever mentioned that I hate endings like this? Especially when I don't know when the show is going to air again... bleh. [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Or he needs to gate to a planet in range of Destiny.
Without a Kino or DHD remote or any idea where Destiny is going or what the address of a habitable world in it's flightpath might be? It's just crazy enough to work!

As for Greer being a suspect, Scott was right that there's no hard evidence linking him to the "murder". All they know for a fact is that he was in the room a few hours after the death, anything else is circumstantial at best, speculation at worst. Of course there was just as much evidence against Young, but that's rather the point.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for Greer, we don't know how long he was in the mess hall for them to get him to try the potato-like plant they found. I got the impression that he was there long enough to exonerate him.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Spencer was supposed to have been dead for a few hours by then, so Greer's presence in the mess probably didn't do anything to get him off the hook.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Didn't TJ say that Spencer had only been dead for an hour before Greer found him?

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well it's all rather academic now, since it actually WAS a suicide.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I mean, Scott said Greer was "the only person we can rule out as a suspect." On the basis, apparently, of the idea of him hiding the gun then running back to call it in being absurd. A detective he ain't.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that this doesn't head down a path like the original Baltar where Rush leads the alien-ship in pursuit of the Destiny to exact revenge. I just have this bad vibe that we're about to be introduced to some "Bad Dudes" who will of course want the Destiny for themselves.

I rather have enjoyed the kind of refreshing theme of a dysfunctional group trying to survive without having to deal with an enemy other than their own human weaknesses.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, you do realize that, this being Stargate, there HAS to be an alien bad guy, right? Coming sooner than you'd think...

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps