Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ V 1x06 Pounds of Flesh $$

Author Topic: $$ V 1x06 Pounds of Flesh $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, is anyone watching V? I'm rather enjoying the show, although according to the Wiki article its slipping in ratings... [Frown]

-What happened that split up Erica and Krycek? What exactly is Tyler? If they retcon Krycek as being John May and Tyler is a V-human hybrid, I'm gonna scream.

-Anna doesn't seem to mind killing off her subjects if it means getting rid of the Fifth Column. Although when she kills the loyal subjects and only skins the Fifth Column, its kinda pointless, don't you think?

-Speaking of which, what happens when a V is skinned? Assuming they appear as they evolved, that is a bipedal lizard-like being, then what?

-Does anyone else get the impression that Lisa is starting to develop feelings for Tyler?

-Joshua. He's apparently the head of the ship-based Fifth Column, yet he works most closely with Anna. Does someone have to administer the test on him, or does he automatically pass?

-Chad's doubts about the V's are given credence when Jack confronts him about it.

-How accelerated is Valerie's pregnancy and how soon will she finally figure out something's not right?

-How many other old sci-fi actors are going to show up? So far we have Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Laura Vendervoort, Nicholas Lea, Lexa Doig, even Johnathan Frakes is directing an episode... maybe he'll make a guest apperance? As John May? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I'm liking it as well, though I can understand the low ratings considering they went on a big break after only 4 episodes. I think they are going for Tyler being something special, but a V hybrid would be to obviuos and you'd it would have come out sooner, especially when all memories were put on display for all to see in that V contraption. Also, what was the reason for that one human resistance guy to go onboard the V ship and do what he did?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the end he provided a distraction and a way for Ryan to get off the ship. It seems to me that he wasn't quite willing to up until after he met with Valerie and realized that Ryan is starting a family. Rather than see what happened to him happen to Ryan, he sacrificed himself.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll say this for it, I'm getting more out of it than Caprica at the moment, and it's building up promise of action and thrills, where Caprica only promises moping and grief, however stylish and poetic. Even the opening theme is depressing.

Also, regarding 1x05, I loved the Freudian nightmare way they ended it, seems this show will have more balls than the original. It may have taken Ms Baccarin off a few male entertainment websites, but knowing the internet, it probably prompted the creation of ten new, very different ones.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she gotta feed her kids somehow [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps