Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lexx: The series $$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lexx: The series $$$
Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the supposed first episode called Nook, the planet they visit has never seen a woman before, so it's full of a bunch of gay men basically. I don't understand the show at all. Clearly there was a movie that takes place before this series, where can I see this movie? I know blockbuster doesn't have it. This is supposed to be a sci-fi channel specific tv series, but the Internet Movie Database lists the show as being produced in 1998. So that would make it old. Does anyone know more about this show/series/movie?

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not quite sure, but I did see a briefing on the show called "Rated Lexx" - It explains the origins of all the characters... Frankly, I'm not quite impressed with the show yet. It seems like an excuse just to show sex on the SciFi channel. Maybe it'll catch on, maybe it won't. We'll see.

------------------
"I suppose you thought I was dead? No such thing. Don't flatter yourselves that I haven't got my eye upon you. I am wide awake, and you give plenty to look at."
Household Words, Aug. 24, 1850
From the Raven in the Happy Family

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the first ep? was pretty damn cheezy, and not in a good way.

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught both "Rated LEXX" and the the Nook episode on Sci-Fi--hoo boy, that was a waste. I noted some similarities between LEXX and Farscape, which was interesting but not really worth it. I could excuse the cheese if it had actually been good, but it wasn't and I can't. It's definitely not the "sci-fi with Monty Python humor", as someone said in the briefing.
IP: Logged
Gepta001
Member # 231

not even the slightest hint of a monty python type humour!!! My opinion is that Lexx, just plain sucks. The main girl isn't even attractive to me. dumb dumb dumb. They should put Lexx on sunday with Prey, and put First Wave back to Friday.

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The show is British.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, that explains everything Sol.

Not really. I watched about 10 minutes of before I relized The Next Generation was on and changed it.

The previews for it looked interesting enough, but the show was from those 10 minutes I watched a waste. And what the hell was up with that one guys hair!? It looked like a Capt Janeway wig.

------------------
Calvin: "You don't think humans evolved from monkeys?"
Hobbes: "I sure don't see any difference."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. There have been a few Lexx series, the first one being in movie form. There were 4 of them. Then came the series. And from what I hear, it's a German/Canadian show, not a British show. I'm sure my friend will come in here and clear this all up (he's utterly obsessed with it).

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw both the rated lexx and the show. It is really strange. And conterary to what was said in the rated lexx part the FX leave a lot to be desired.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah. They preempted Quantum Leap reruns to show the "Rated LEXX" thingy again.

According to IMDB, there was a miniseries made in 1997 in Canada, Germany, and the US. It aired under a number of different names in various countries. If you're looking for it on video in the US, try Tales From a Parallel Universe. (For those interested, Malcolm McDowell and Tim Curry were in it as well.)

In 1998 it was made into a series, filmed in Canada and Germany and aired in several countries as Lexx: The Series. The only sense in which it could be a "Sci-Fi Original Series" is if they were to start making new episodes for Sci-Fi, a la Sliders.

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like there's a difference between Canada and Britain. Sheesh.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Gepta001
Member # 231

I love Quantum leap, I wish they would write more novels for it, or mabey do a quantum leap movie!!

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The LEXX movies aren't the greatest sci-fi movies I've seen, but the first scenes of the first movie kinda get's you hooked, so I couldn't help myself.
I saw the movies in early -98, but last week I got a relapse and downloaded "Brunnen-G Song" from a site. Pretty good music for being in a show like LEXX.
The series has not come to Sweden yet and I don't think I'll buy it from my Sci-Fi store if it comes, so I'm pretty grounded.

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFAIK, 4 TV movies with blond bird in them, then a TV season where big-lipped red-head took over in episode three (Zev turning into Xev in a manner that Doctor Who fans will take great comfort in), and lots of smut. Great.

Actually, the main difference I've seen between Britain and Canada is that we don't have this big lump of shit hanging onto our arse. Called America.

Besides, we KNOW how to pronounce "about".

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Gepta001
Member # 231

oh yeah, how do you say it like aboot?

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps