Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGU 1x20 Incursion 2 $$

Author Topic: $$ SGU 1x20 Incursion 2 $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heyyyy, pulsar. Who called pulsar? Somebody called pulsar. I'm too lazy to check.

Heh, I really liked that "DON'T. Yell. We don't know yet." from Female Scientist Lady to Young. The man does have a volume problem. (I'm sure they've said her name, but not often enough for me to retain it.)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I believe it was me who called pulsar. Pay up gentlemen! [Wink]
I actually doubted it at first because usually in sci-fi if there's some big menace outside the ship then they usually show it big as life. I forgot I was watching Stargate Universe which it seems has some people who've actually read a thing or two on astrophysics and know that in space, something has to be either very big or VERY close to be distinguishable against a backdrop of stars.

Knowing going in that it's a finale sort of spoils the drama a tiny bit as you know they're going to get as many people in a life-or-death cliffhanger situation as possible and everything else is in a holding pattern.

I'm starting to get to know the secondary characters better now, it was a little hard to put names to faces before. It helps that I just re-watched the first episode.

My opinion of Chloe has gone up a few points since she has already twigged how Eli feels and once again demonstrates how much more chemistry the actress has with him than with Lt. boring trousers.

It was nice seeing them on the outside of the ship and it took me a minute to figure out where they were and how they were oriented.

As for T.J., I think it's clear they've decided they don't want to do a "raising a baby on the ship" story line and are going to have the character out of it for a spell while the actress goes on maternity leave.

Anyone else hoping that LA bloke who played a runner of Atlantis is going to become a regular character after this is all done? It looks like they're at least setting that other LA gut who was helping T.J. as a candidate.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So waitaminute.

That was actually some pretty decent writing. I mean the prisoner exchange was a little hackneyed, but otherwise they did a pretty good job. The genuine moments with Eli and Chloe were actually a bit touching. The drama of Scott and Greer running to the other airlock was engaging. That pointless struggle in the infirmary was A) heroic, B) futile and wound up causing more harm than good (shot a pregnant woman in the stomach!) and so was kind of surprising. Telford and Kiva shooting one another? Whoa. I think I'm kind of impressed.

I'd pretty much written off Rev's idea about the pulsar because no show would ever go to THAT much trouble to be accurate and I was convinced there had to be some sort of intelligence to it. But again, I was surprised. Good call, Reverend.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually didn't know it was a finale going in, so that made it more dramatic for me. Although I was rather irritated when I found out I have to wait until October to see if Eli makes it. (I hope he doesn't. Or at least, I hope he makes it in time to save Greer, but Scott trips or something and gets ashed.)

Did TJ get shot?? I didn't see that. I thought she was just knocked out. I did like how the LA guy who blew the Tau'ri soldier away looked - the actor played "argh god that was so fucking unnecessary why" pretty well.

I agree that it was good writing, which is a change. I haven't liked the show much so far, except for a few bits; I've mostly been sticking with it because it's Stargate. But I liked this episode.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda sucks this seasons over just as it was getting good. I know they need time to make new episodes, but damn it I want instant gratification!!!
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:

Did TJ get shot?? I didn't see that. I thought she was just knocked out.

One of the marines getting treated made a grab for a LA gun and they ended up spraying the room with bullets and killing like 5 people.

I actually missed it the first time too. If you blinked you wouldn't see it, it happened so fast which is kind of realistic I guess.

I've been leaning towards the negative for most of the season, but the second half is winning me over, particulary the season's closing episodes. I think the writter's have started to find their niche in the show, and maybe season 2 will stay strong throughout. The show is growing it's Riker beard.

The only thing that bugged me is that the guy that's hanging around the infirmary was the same guy who played the Runner on ATL and the bounty hunter near the end of SG-1, again, without makeup. He's good, but it's weird seeing him 3 times in prominent roles in as many years.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About as weird as seeing the same guy playing a Tollan that has the hots for Carter and then playing Weir's squeeze.

Also, I believe I was the one that called something happening to TJ to "get rid of" the baby. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The only thing that bugged me is that the guy that's hanging around the infirmary was the same guy who played the Runner on ATL and the bounty hunter near the end of SG-1, again, without makeup. He's good, but it's weird seeing him 3 times in prominent roles in as many years.
I was under the impression that he's reprising his role from SG-1, not playing yet another new character.

--------------------

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I generally loath to cite a wiki as a reference, his roles are listed as follows.

* Colonel Ruslan Chernovshev (SG1: "Full Alert")
* Odai Ventrell (SG1: "Bounty")
* Kiryk (ATL: "Tracker")
* Varro (SGU: "Subversion", "Incursion, Part 1", "Incursion, Part 2")

However, to further your point, if memory serves he did shoot and kill the head of the Lucien Alliance at the end of "Bounty". One could speculate he ditched the Odai name and placed himself in a high ranking position under the name "Varro".

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So he's Stargate's answer to Jeffrey Combs.
Josh
Member # 1884

Or Vaughn Armstrong

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, TJ got shot.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally watched it! Loved it! Great episode! GREAT tension!

The music in this series is awesome. Yes I always comment on the soundtrack. The SGU soundtrack is awesome. Loved that new motif they brought in in the really tense moments towards the end. GREAT stuff.

Loved the outside orientation showing the ship arcing away from Greer and Scott.

Awesome stuff.

Did NOT expect the double shooting either. Oh and if TJ is shot - who's going to play medic? Someone via the stones?

I liked the interesting new parts of the ship. I wonder if Franklin possibly moved them there? Remember Eli didn't realise it sent them to different parts of the ship, not just up and down. I guess that's just like in Atlantis too.

If he's not dead that is. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

No, I'm pretty sure Eli said he hit some random buttons on the elevator when they were running from the gunfire. So they just went to some random stop that happened to be way out by the nose cone. Also I think it is an actual mechanical elevator (or turbolift if you want) and not a matter transporter like those on Atlantis.

As for T.J., yeah they're most likely going to have to get a doctor on the stones if they expect to treat her. Either that or one of the LA people have some experience at treating gunshot wounds...which isn't totally implausible.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's Incursion Part II - the music! LOVE the part at 0:53!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLyjVN1Usv8

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps