Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Fuck You, Syfy! (re: "Caprica" delay) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fuck You, Syfy! (re: "Caprica" delay)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://airlockalpha.com/node/7627/caprica-returns-in-2011-but-still-no-word-on-season-2.html

No, they're not canceling it, thank the Lords of Kobol. But it's almost as bad... they're not airing the second half of season one until next January.

Fucking. Idiots.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They pulled this with Eureka too. Thankfully (or not, depending on how you look at it), it didn't seem to impact ratings, but it's frustrating as hell.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So bloody far away, but at the same time, what's a bet it'll be here before we know it!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This way they can sell half season DVD sets like they did with stargate Universe.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could care less what they do. i watch Law & Order, The daily Show & Adult Swim. Everything elses invites the aliens to invade...
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the Chinese...

I don't know, it seems like "Syfy" is faltering in its support for the show. Its not the BSG style success they were hoping for, I recall reading that TPTB were in talks with Moore for perhaps making another BSG-like show, perhaps another BSG prequel series that was more action oriented.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MNW: ...Which reinforces my original point, which was "Fuck you, Syfy." They waffled over canceling BSG too, because it wasn't the show "they were hoping for", at which point Moore decided that he'd rather end the show on his terms (even if it was a bit rushed) rather than wait for the rug to get pulled out from under him like Farscape and Stargate SG-1.

Syfy wouldn't know how to hold on to a quality science fiction drama if it bit them on the ass and didn't let go.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But sure love more wrestling, and Ghost Hunters, and Ghost Hunters Academy, and the shit show about the soccer mom who's psychic. They sure love that shit.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting a good sci fi fix is getting to be a bitch. Cripes.

SG-1 did run a bit long, they might want to make more shows ala ST and stick with a seven season series, then move on to the next one. Or over lap a bit as ST did.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Agreed re: SG-1, but... The writers planned to end the show after season six, and it got renewed. They planned a series finale for season seven, and it got renewed. They REALLY tried to end it after season eight, and it didn't take. So finally, when Sci-Fi decided to cancel the show during season ten, they got so little notice that they were stuck without a way to end the show in the few episodes remaining. Hence "The Ark of Truth."

So I'm more mad at Sci-Fi for SG-1 because they didn't have the guts to let the show come to its natural end (end of season eight; "After that, anything else would be... redundant."), and then didn't have the guts to keep it going after they renewed it.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's interesting stuff, but:

Sliders

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MM, I agree, and I can't blame the actors, if a gig pays act on it.

bX, I liked that show. Till the merging of the quinns that is.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Sliders on Fox. Then Sci-Fi took it. The special effects got bad and they decided to do that whole Kromag villain storyline.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the first two seasons - they were on BBC 2 I think, when I was young and bight eyed, in the months between TNG. Then it disapeared without a trace and it was many years before we got satelite TV and I discovered I hadn't missed out on much!

Ah, those were the days.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caprica season 1.5 preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4Xf-sDZOU&feature=player_embedded
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps