Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Fuck You, Syfy! (re: "Caprica" delay) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fuck You, Syfy! (re: "Caprica" delay)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sliders was good until they got rid of the O'Connell brothers. Then it was like no one cared. Also did you know one guest actor died during the filming of an episode.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it was ever 'good'. At best it was just 'OK' enough to be watch-able but even before it deteriorated into total drivel it had already began running out of what little steam it originally had.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cracked takes a crack at syfy.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that describes them to a t. And fuck that asshole who said only anti-social people watch sci-fi. I may watch sci-fi, but at least I'm not a sick fuck.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Cracked article is hilarious. I think they're a little unfair about the spinoffs... (and not just because I enjoy both of those shows) because those shows are produced by other studios, and Syfy just gets first dibs.

And just because it's a spinoff doesn't mean it's automatically lame, or even necessarily a rehash. Caprica is pretty damn different, story- and style-wise, from BSG. I get the impression that the guy who wrote that article hasn't watched either show, and is judging them based on the fact that they're spinoffs.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MNW, what is the purpose of the two video links? The first one doesn't exist and the second is about animatronic animals?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

The first one seems to be working for me. In any case, the point was to demonstrate that while I may watch sci-fi, I don't demonstrate weird or anti-social behavior, like the men in the first video who forgo relationships with flesh and blood females for synthetic rubber dolls. Nor am I like the people in the second vid, fawning over a bunch of animatronics because they remind of my childhood and help me to forget my miserable existence as an adult. It's all here in this brochure I prepared.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps